+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending the application from abroad?

tony826

May 23, 2019
Hey guys I couldn't quite find the answer to my questions on the website.

I'm currently working abroad but I sufficiently meet the requirements for physical presence. I attempted to submit my application while I was back in Canada in March of this year but I had to leave again for work and also to come back for the police certificate that's required.

The application I've had is signed March 1, 2019, but I couldn't submit it while I was still in Canada due to not having the police certificate from the country that I've been working in.

I'm not quite certain if I can still send my application signed back in March while I was still physically in Canada or send a new one that's newly signed from abroad. I won't be able to be back in Canada for a couple of months so not sure as to how this would work.

Any help is appreciated!

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hey guys I couldn't quite find the answer to my questions on the website.

I'm currently working abroad but I sufficiently meet the requirements for physical presence. I attempted to submit my application while I was back in Canada in March of this year but I had to leave again for work and also to come back for the police certificate that's required.

The application I've had is signed March 1, 2019, but I couldn't submit it while I was still in Canada due to not having the police certificate from the country that I've been working in.

I'm not quite certain if I can still send my application signed back in March while I was still physically in Canada or send a new one that's newly signed from abroad. I won't be able to be back in Canada for a couple of months so not sure as to how this would work.

Any help is appreciated!
Your application must be received within 90 days after it was signed and dated.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I sent my application from abroad, and it was processed promptly without any problems.

I was on a few weeks business trip, and not living abroad, so this might be different from your situation.

tony826

May 23, 2019
I sent my application from abroad, and it was processed promptly without any problems.

I was on a few weeks business trip, and not living abroad, so this might be different from your situation.
Did you include the days right up to when you signed in the physical presence calculator? Assuming you weren't in Canada at the moment.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Did you include the days right up to when you signed in the physical presence calculator? Assuming you weren't in Canada at the moment.
Yes, I wasn’t in the Canada at the moment of signing the application. I put the expeced return date in the presence calculator, and everything was ok.

I don’t remember if calculator gave me some warning about putting future date into it. But the return date was just about ten days in advance.