+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending PR card to India

MEDUSA LAUGHS

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Hello people! I was advised by a dear friend to take opinions on this forum about the practice of sending PR cards from Canada to India. I am moving to another country soon and may not be able to pick up my PR Card in person.
So here I am, soliciting your kind and wise opinions on this. Do you guys think it is safe? Is it legal? Is it worth doing it? Can I please hear the experiences of people who have done it successfully, and the ones who have not succeeded. Any thought on this will be highly appreciated as I am in a dilemma and need to decide soon on it.

JattTinka

Aug 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello people! I was advised by a dear friend to take opinions on this forum about the practice of sending PR cards from Canada to India. I am moving to another country soon and may not be able to pick up my PR Card in person.
So here I am, soliciting your kind and wise opinions on this. Do you guys think it is safe? Is it legal? Is it worth doing it? Can I please hear the experiences of people who have done it successfully, and the ones who have not succeeded. Any thought on this will be highly appreciated as I am in a dilemma and need to decide soon on it.
Not an expert regarding this but I don;t think this is illegal.
You can get it delivered at your friend's/relative's address in Canada and then they can send it to you via Fedex.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014

it's not allowed. .. however people send their cards often. .

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
It is illegal to send the PR Cards outside CA. Your call though. Good luck.
Nonsense it is not illegal at all to mail or courier a card outside Canada. IRCC will not do it but what a private individual does is up to the individual, for sure it is not illegal . If there is law that says you cannot then please post a link here.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
it's not allowed. .. however people send their cards often. .
As previous reply it is not illegal from a Canadian viewpoint to mail a PR card, what happens when reaches another country is outside of Canadian juristriction.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
It is illegal to send the PR Cards outside CA. Your call though. Good luck.
Hi Raz0r, many places in this forum they say it is perfectly legal to send the pr card by mail. Can you tell me where did you get the info that it is illegal ? Is there a specific law ?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-pr-card-outside-canada.267215/

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-who-couriered-pr-card-to-india.466571/

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-delivery-from-canada-to-india.389174/

grapehair

Jan 14, 2017
It's not illegal to send your PR card via courier. However, if it comes across Canadian customs, they have the right to seize it. Secondly, once outside Canada, it has the potential to be abused by any person who is in possession of it. May it be the custom officials of a foreign country or an individual.

Sometimes you are asked to send new photos for the PR card. That request can be made and it may turn out to be a headache to arrange new photos- if it ever comes to that.

You can always apply for a PRTD in your home country if it's really important for you to leave and have the cards mailed out to a close relative or a friend you trust, in Canada.

Best of luck!

Gurpreet_9098

May 26, 2021
Hii,
Did you mail your card outside Canada and did it work?

nikdev

Aug 20, 2021
Hello Experts
Need your advise
I see many post stating Sending CA PR Card to India. I am planning to do the same.
My Family friend is coming to India and can he carry the PR Cards ? just want to re - confirm. also I thinkit should be in Cabin bags.

Please help and advise and share the experience if any !!

Thanks