+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Passport to CPC-Ottawa via prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost–National envelopes

Shah_140

May 27, 2019
I am applying for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) - Visa stamping on paper and need to send my documents to CPC Ottawa.
They say : *
*Buy two prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost–National envelopes at any Canada Post retail outlet.

• Put one envelope in the other envelope. We will use the second envelope to return your passport and other documents to you.
HOW CAN I PUT ONE 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost–National envelope inside other??

If i had to apply online i could have used letter size and standard size and put the standard one inside other. But in my case where i am applying on paper they want me to buy 2 prepaid 24 x 32 cm Xpresspost–National envelope, put one into other and send.

It’s bit confusing that how can i put the same size envelop into other.

Question:

1. Can i fold one and put inside other? Any risk regarding barcode or if they do not use the folded one to send my passport?

2. Can i use one 24x32 cm Xpresspost–National envelope and one standard size and put the standard one inside the 24x32 one?
But they clearly say buy two prepaid 24x32 cm Xpresspost–National envelope.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-new-temporary-resident-visa-within-canada.html

Please suggest.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
When I went to the Canada Post outlet, the lady was very familiar with what to do since I was sending to CPC Ottawa (passport, signature required, gave me tracking numbers, etc.) and folded the self-addressed envelope and stuck it in.

Reactions: Shah_140

pravin16

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
kathmandu
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 june and 17 june 2014
Can Anyone help me with the issue. Can the prepaid self address be different than my province of nomination? I am on vacation for 4 weeks and with my brother in Ontario. I have received passport request, Can I send it from here and provide my brothers address for self address or do I need to urgently go to New Foundland and send it from there? Please help. Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Can Anyone help me with the issue. Can the prepaid self address be different than my province of nomination? I am on vacation for 4 weeks and with my brother in Ontario. I have received passport request, Can I send it from here and provide my brothers address for self address or do I need to urgently go to New Foundland and send it from there? Please help. Thank you.
Not ideal but there shouldn’t be an issue. You can include a letter of explanation if you like.