+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SENDING PASSPORT FROM INDIA TO BUFFALO -- PLEASE HELP!!!!

BuffaloApp

Mar 17, 2010
i am in a difficult situation. i have received ppt request but i am in india and i need to send the passport to buffalo. can any indian please tell me how i can send the passport to buffalo? anyone with similar experience or in a similar situation?

Fedex and other major couriers have refused to send the passport by courier. Is there any way I can send the passport from india?

thanks for your help!

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to send passports through someone who is traveling to USA. He can courier it once in USA, he can go and deposit it visa office also - for that he need your authorization.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BuffaloApp said:
i am in a difficult situation. i have received ppt request but i am in india and i need to send the passport to buffalo. can any indian please tell me how i can send the passport to buffalo? anyone with similar experience or in a similar situation?

Fedex and other major couriers have refused to send the passport by courier. Is there any way I can send the passport from india?

thanks for your help!
Hi,

It is Illegal to sent passport outside India and thus the courier services are refusing to entertain your request.

The options you have:

1. Email CHC about your situation and ask for advice. Did you inform about your change of address to CHC Buffalo earlier?
2. Go personally to Buffalo. I understand that it will cost a fortune.
3. Send it with some person whom you know with an authorised letter. But before you embark on sending your passport with someone this ask CHC if this could be done. This is very risky.

Mitali

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
You will have to send passports through someone who is traveling to USA. He can courier it once in USA, he can go and deposit it visa office also - for that he need your authorization.
Hi Explorer1,

How will the passports be send back to the applicant from USA? Will they courier it back to India...is that allowed? Since his Visa office was Buffalo, was he not supposed to live in US to get his passports back? Jut wondering... any thoughts? Can he mention in his authorization letter to mail the passports to someone he knows in USA which can be collected or send back with someone back to India?

Mitali

BuffaloApp

Mar 17, 2010
explorer101 said:
Must be some courier that sends documents to USA? I have heard Fedex does it too if the passport goes to the embassy directly. Would that be correct?

BuffaloApp

Mar 17, 2010
mitali said:
Hi,

It is Illegal to sent passport outside India and thus the courier services are refusing to entertain your request.

The options you have:

1. Email CHC about your situation and ask for advice. Did you inform about your change of address to CHC Buffalo earlier?
2. Go personally to Buffalo. I understand that it will cost a fortune.
3. Send it with some person whom you know with an authorised letter. But before you embark on sending your passport with someone this ask CHC if this could be done. This is very risky.

Mitali
thanks mitali. i am aware of the options but i thought maybe somehow i can send the passport through some courier. i believe there are ppl here who have gone thru this thing.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BuffaloApp said:
thanks mitali. i am aware of the options but i thought maybe somehow i can send the passport through some courier. i believe there are ppl here who have gone thru this thing.
Hi,

As I mentioned in my earlier post-It is ILLEGAL to send passport outside India. It is the LAW.

So, even if you happen to get a courier (which is very unlikely) your Visa office might not accept as they will engage themselves in an Illegal act and it is highly probable that they might report you to the authorities (Indian Embassy). So, follow the Indian laws ... don't put yourself in danger as you are so close to getting PR. A slight mistake at this stage can cost you a lot. Even if you get a Courier service do not engage yourself in illegal doings.

Consider the other options available. I am sorry...if I have been blunt in my suggestions but I sincerely feel that you have come a long way and just few steps away from your dreams and dream land .... don't jeopardize it.

Hopefully you will find a solution.

Mitali

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
mitali said:
Hi,

As I mentioned in my earlier post-It is ILLEGAL to send passport outside India. It is the LAW.

So, even if you happen to get a courier (which is very unlikely) your Visa office might not accept as they will engage themselves in an Illegal act and it is highly probable that they might report you to the authorities (Indian Embassy). So, follow the Indian laws ... don't put yourself in danger as you are so close to getting PR. A slight mistake at this stage can cost you a lot. Even if you get a Courier service do not engage yourself in illegal doings.

Consider the other options available. I am sorry...if I have been blunt in my suggestions but I sincerely feel that you have come a long way and just few steps away from your dreams and dream land .... don't jeopardize it.

Hopefully you will find a solution.

Mitali
Very nice explanation, I second it. Better you travel to USA and submit ur passport and stay there until you get ur PR visa. The second option, you can send sombody to Dubai, Nepal, or Bangladesh and ask them to courier it to the Bufalo, You have to give an authorization to someone living in US to collect ur passports and send it back to you in India through someone- again with authority letter. It is way.... complicated.