+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Passport from Dubai to CHC London thro corier; subj to custom clearance?

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hi,
can any one please guide me that is sending passports from Dubai to CHC London for visa stamping through courier subjected to customs clearance? I called up TNT today and they told me this. Is there any probability that my passports might stuck at airport?They also told that I do need to sign a letter with them stating that TNT will not be responsible for any demage/lost of passports.....I am worried. Please guide is it normal?
thanks

sanjn

Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19 Jan 2009
Med's Request
26 Nov 2009
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2010
Interview........
07 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
Dated 11 May 2010 but rcvd on 04 Jun 2010. PP sent on 07/06/10
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010; Received on 29th Jun 2010
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2010 - Toronto
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi,
can any one please guide me that is sending passports from Dubai to CHC London for visa stamping through courier subjected to customs clearance? I called up TNT today and they told me this. Is there any probability that my passports might stuck at airport?They also told that I do need to sign a letter with them stating that TNT will not be responsible for any demage/lost of passports.....I am worried. Please guide is it normal?
thanks
Ya TNT said the same thing to me. Also, I did not like the idea of signing that letter, because after all a courier should atleast have confidence in their service! Told them to cancel the the pickup.
Called others (aramex,fedex,ups etc) and chose fedex(cheapest i got at that time, and very professional & delivered next day to Lon chc. And no such prob of customs & that stupid letter. I'm sure all packages are screened by customs but passports are not a problem

cheers,
Sanjn

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Dear Sanjn

Thank you so much brother. You gave me big peace of mind....so it means it should not be an issue at customs and may be TNT says this just as a process....thank you so much
i will also send this through FEDEX....
One more question, I have received email in reply to my online query from london visa office "re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca" <re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca> stating to send passport with additional documents to PHEP within 45 days...I have not got any letter through mail/post. Should I go ahead and send passports considering email communication enough or should I wait for letter through post?

ramuk

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear jawad
after how long sending the query to london office you got the reply.infact how many days after the query london office replied.

S

shibuya

Jawad,
Just PM Qorax on this and he will guide u on sending passports. I think he send thru DHL and they have a special passport delivery package.
Just my opinion remaining as per your convenience.

sanjn

Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
19 Jan 2009
Med's Request
26 Nov 2009
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2010
Interview........
07 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
Dated 11 May 2010 but rcvd on 04 Jun 2010. PP sent on 07/06/10
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010; Received on 29th Jun 2010
LANDED..........
17 Aug 2010 - Toronto
Many in these forums ( if you go thru various threads) have got their passport request by email. So I suppose you should just send it to them. Have they sent you the additional form for details of all included in the application ( first name, last name etc)? I had to send that along with the passports. I'm not sure if it is always there since I've not seen many posts mentioning it.

Cheers
Sanjn

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Dear Sanjn,
Thank you so much for the reply. I called up Fedex and they are asking to provide the specific contact person name and phone number of that person. ePPR email which I have received did not contain any specific person name or phone number but general address of CHC London. Can you please provide me to which exact person, at what exact address and phone number you sent passports?

Thanks

This is what I received in email
This is to advise that we have now completed processing on your application. Please submit your passports and other requested items in order that we may issue the visa.

Please submit within 45 days.

Please follow the instructions in the attached letter - The letter refers to an address label, which cannot be sent by email. Please send passports to:
PHEP PROCESSING

CHC
xxx xxx xxx
London
W1XXXX 4XXX
ENGLAND, UK
//addess modified for not to be filtered

metallica.kyoto

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Dear Everyone,
I have received the passport request from NDVO and I am living in Japan. Most of the courier companies have denied except the DHL which has agreed to send my passport from Japan to NDVO.According to DHL,a passport can be from embassy to embassy or from individual to embassy if a accompanied with a letter for the customs clearance.
On showing the letter from NDVO they have agreed to send my passport.

Has anyone been in the similar situation of mailing passports across the borders which is an way illegal?

Also does NDVO provides extension for passport submission dates when the candidate is living overseas?
Regards,
Manish

Marata

Dec 11, 2012
jawadahmed6065 said:
Hi,
thanks

I have used Fedex from Dubai.
They do not care what's inside the package because it is consider as Documents.
LVO recvd passports the next day.
Good luck