+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SENDING PASSPORT FOR VISA STAMPING

RameshKumar

Feb 1, 2006
DEAR PMM,

I NEED YOUR ADVICE ON THE FOLLOWING.

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY CIC - PARIS VISA POST THAT MY PR PROCESS NEARLY COMPLETED AND ASKED TO PAY THE LANDING FEES, MENTIONING THAT UPON PAYING THE LANDING FEES PR VISAS CAN BE ISSUED.

I HAVE PAID THE FEES (CAD 490 X 2 = 980 ) LAST WEEK.

HOW MUCH TIME THEY MAY FURTHER TAKE TO ASK ME TO SUBMIT THE PASSPORTS. (ALREADY IT TOOK FOUR YEARS SINCE MY AOR TO REACH THIS STAGE).

I HAVE APPLIED TO PARIS VISA POST WHILE I WAS RESIDING IN LIBYA . PRESENTLY I AM IN DUBAI. IF I SEND MY PASSPORTS TO PARIS FOR STAMPING, DO THEY SEND BACK THE PASSPORTS TO MY DUBAI ADDRESS. DUBAI ADDRESS IS ALREADY IN THEIR RECORDS AS MY PRESENT ADDRESS.

SOMEONE TOLD EITHER THE PASSPORTS WILL BE SENT BACK TO THE ADDRESS IN COUNTRY FROM WHERE WE HAVE APPLIED FOR PR (IN THIS INSTANCE LIBYA) OR ELSE TO AN ADDRESS IN CANADA. COULD YOU PLEASE CLARIFY ON THIS.

MANY THANKS
RAMESH

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
Ramesh,

CIC Paris are most likely to ask you to hand over your passports to the Canadian Embassy in Dubai. I don't think you will be asked to post your passports directly to Paris from Dubai.

Your current mailing address is the valid address they will deal with you at that address.

Mike

RameshKumar

Feb 1, 2006
MIKE,

BUT NOW THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO SEND THE PASSPORTS FOR VISA ENDORSEMENT DIRECT TO PARIS OR THROUGH CANADIAN EMBASSY IN TRIPOLI, LIBYA. THEY KNOW WELL THAT I AM NOW IN DUBAI.I HAVE ASKED THEIR PERMISSION TO SUBMIT THROUGH THEIR EMBASSY IN UAE & WAITING FOR REPLY.

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
What I know that you are not allowed to send your passport to some other country and you will be asked to come and submit your passport by yourself to the visa office where your application is being processed. One of my friend had to go China to submit the passports for visa stamp. Futher you can contact with to your concerned Canadian Visa office.

mikelingen

Star Member
Aug 3, 2007
RameshKumar,

I applied from Thailand and I was asked to send my passports to Singapore by post for visa stamping...
(they also gave me the option of handing in my passports personally or by a private courier).

In your case Ramesh, they are most likely going to ask you to send your passports directly to Paris.

Mike

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Mike,

DO you know how many days to wait from the date you submitted your passport for visa stamping?

cheers,
abbey

RameshKumar

Feb 1, 2006
Abbey,

Yes they have asked me to mail the passports to Paris and I did so. According visa post paris it would take 4 weeks to return the passports by reqistered mail.

Regards

abbey_joy

Feb 14, 2008
Hi Gnome,

Still waiting for CIC Sin reply. I have sent an email last week but still dont have reply.

abbey