+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Passport and Documents to Canada Query

ss0592

Star Member
Dec 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I got the long awaited PPR email today. I was super happy but now I'm thoroughly confused.

So it says that if you have a mailing address in USA (which I do, cause I live here), please send a self addressed prepaid envelope with the docs.

I have never heard of this or done this before so I'm a little wary. While I live in the US, I am not a citizen. I'm an Indian citizen so I need to send my passport too. How do I go about this and how long does it generally take?

I saw some posts saying UPS and some saying FedEx but everyone was unsure and said the employees are also very unsure. The whole thing is quite scary since my passport will be there.

Additionally, they mention emailing them if we don't have a mailing address in USA. If this leads to visiting a visa office, I would prefer this method! Is it allowed?

Would appreciate any help! Thanks!

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Hello Everyone,

I got the long awaited PPR email today. I was super happy but now I'm thoroughly confused.

So it says that if you have a mailing address in USA (which I do, cause I live here), please send a self addressed prepaid envelope with the docs.

I have never heard of this or done this before so I'm a little wary. While I live in the US, I am not a citizen. I'm an Indian citizen so I need to send my passport too. How do I go about this and how long does it generally take?

I saw some posts saying UPS and some saying FedEx but everyone was unsure and said the employees are also very unsure. The whole thing is quite scary since my passport will be there.

Additionally, they mention emailing them if we don't have a mailing address in USA. If this leads to visiting a visa office, I would prefer this method! Is it allowed?

Would appreciate any help! Thanks!
Nope..u need to send to address provided and u cannot to any visa office

Now self address is easy.. go to ups and tell them or fedex.. they know and will help out

Reactions: ss0592 and bmr

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
usa to canada... hmmm... for my friends it varied.. because there is custom clearance also involved... so from use to canada.. depending upon where are u located.. 4 days or so and then process time ... then again more