+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sending more proof

I

iarblue

Does anyone know because i dont.Do you know if you can send more proof as it comes to you or will it slow the process.After i sent the app i went back to see my wife for our first anniversary,so do you think showing this after the app is in is it good or dont bother.
Has anyone done this and did it help or did it hinder.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
I've wondered the same thing! Honestly though, I think if they need more evidence, they'll ask you for it. That's what they've done with us. They've requested more documents twice now. Oh well, at least I know they're working on our case and it's not just sitting on someone's desk, collecting dust! :)

I don't know that it'll slow down the process, but I couldn't imagine going through all those immigration files if every applicant kept sending more proof as they acquired it. I don't know how they'd keep it all straight! Better just to sit and wait - which is the suckiest part, of course...

Good luck!

lands

Jan 28, 2010
Unless you have stated something wrong or CIC asks you for more evidence...it is not required..

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I think that is a good sign too....and yes I believe if they want more information then they will ask it it......

I

iarblue

Thanks i was just not sure if it helps or not or if we should just let the train go on its way lol.so ill take advice and just sit on my hands on this very old uncomfortable bus.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Not all visa offices ask for more evidence if they think yours is inadequate. Some just call for an interview. At my husband's interview, when my husband presented one piece of evidence, the visa officer shrieked, "You were supposed to put this in your application! Why didn't you put this in your application?" Uh, because I've never sponsored anybody before and didn't know what I was doing? (Believe me, if I ever get divorced and sponsor someone else, the next application is going to be perfect.)

New evidence, like that of your trip, can be shown at the interview.
Major evidence, like that of another trip, I'd send in - especially if you are worried you maybe don't have enough evidence.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
one thing you can do is..to send all the additional proof you have to the person you are sponsoring to take with him or her to the interview....incase they need more proof..he or she can show it then,,,,

I

iarblue

Yes i left it behind with her just incase of that.Thanks Lands

B

boyee6576

I would save it for the interview if need be. Hopefully she wont get called for one but if she does she will have a better chance of convincing them with the extra info. I would be worried that if I sent it in now that it might get lost or misplaced. I sent in copies of some important info after our application was in process and it didnt get into my file. I didnt even know that until we had to file for appeal and got a copy of our entire file and it was not there.

I am sitting behind yah on the bus iarblue, thinking I am getting motion sick lol

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i remember a while back someone posting that they kept sending in more stuff and it slowed their processing down, BUT, having it slowed down is better than being refused so if you think you need more evidence it may be worth it in the long run

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion, it depends on the embassy/consulate. Like one poster said, what their spouse brought to the interview may have negated the interview if the paper screen officer had seen it. It's common practice to send more evidence of a continuing relationship.

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
definitely send the proof that you went back to visit. that will without a doubt increase your chances of not only not needing an interview but an approval. if you were just going to send more chats and copies of phone bills it would be one thing but the fact you went back after starting the process is great...

goodluck