+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending more proof via Specific Inquiry without CIC asking it

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hi all experts,
I have realized that our application is probably in special review at the cic office. I have done lots mistakes, like not included my bachelor degree certificate, no information about my travelling (only my employment history and addresses because simply didn't notice travelling part). And also we sent application without marriage certificate. Though it got approved for AOR and OWP. We were been together only 10 months (3months married) when we applied so we had significantly little amount of proof of our relationship. We weren't either met before in person when I came here and stayed. But still there was benefits forms, joint bank account, rental agreement, maybe 12 photos, but no wedding stuff since we had civil ceremony at our home +2witnesses. We are atheists.
And now when we have been together one year more and married, we of course have lots more proofs now. They got our application 2016 May and according gcms notes, it's stuck in security. We haven't got medical request, no nothing in past year. Can they send us refusal at this point without asking more proof or interview? Should we send more proof in and basically explain this same to them?
I'm not worried about going to interview etc, but I can see why officer may think its not genuine and doing more research. I'm just afraid to get a total refusal at this point. And if need go to interview, I speak absolutely terrible English, we communicate with my husband with our own language which is mix of my native language and English, since my husband is Canadian. I told cic in the forms that English is ok, but probably they will have issues to understand me..
I posted about this to other thread also, but I hope this gets more answers. Just wanna hear others thoughts and experience. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Similar situation... been together 11 months, married for 1 month now. Were submitting our application soon as our marriage certificate arrives... if theyve approved your OWP (Do you have it already?) Then id wait for them to rewuest something or return your application. The OWP is valid for 2 years even if your PR is rejected do you can fix your mistakes and resubmit without having to leave canada

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
kristina they will probably randomly picked you for proof of relationship or interview or nothing they will not refuse you think postive

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Similar situation... been together 11 months, married for 1 month now. Were submitting our application soon as our marriage certificate arrives... if theyve approved your OWP (Do you have it already?) Then id wait for them to rewuest something or return your application. The OWP is valid for 2 years even if your PR is rejected do you can fix your mistakes and resubmit without having to leave canada

I got my OWP on July 2016. And we sent marriage certificate later in without them requesting it. But looks like we got approved for AOR and OWP with just civil certificate.

Last edited:

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Also we have moved to other province during the process (already changed address) and both got new job. Should inform about jobs to CIC?

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
How did you get civil certificate if youd only been together 10 months? Also yes you have to inform them of address changes

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
How did you get civil certificate if youd only been together 10 months? Also yes you have to inform them of address changes
Why would we not? It was civil ceremony and paper we got from it says civil marriage statement. We also applied later marriage certificate, which we got in mail. Wasn't any issues?

Last edited:

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Why would we not? It was civil ceremony and paper we got from it says civil marriage certificate. We also applied later marriage certificate, which we got in mail. Wasn't any issues?
You mean the solomnization certificate? I thought you were referring to a common law civil certificate

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
You mean the solomnization certificate? I thought you were referring to a common law civil certificate
I don't think so. It says civil marriage statement what we got from our marriage commissioner.
We got married in Alberta, is there differences between provinces?

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
I don't think so. It says civil marriage statement what we got from our marriage commissioner.
Maybe... we got married in ontario. They gave us a certificate of solomnization which we'd signed and the justice of the peace had signed... they sent the other one off with witness signatures also to be registered and once its registered well get the certificate

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Maybe... we got married in ontario. They gave us a certificate of solomnization which we'd signed and the justice of the peace had signed... they sent the other one off with witness signatures also to be registered and once its registered well get the certificate
Sounds pretty much same. The person who married us, sent all papers to get registered. We needed to wait for few weeks before we were able to ask marriage certificate online.

Jeffuk88

Jan 22, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
29-06-2017
Doc's Request.
26-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Sounds pretty much same. The person who married us, sent all papers to get registered. We needed to wait for few weeks before we were able to ask marriage certificate online.
Yeah same. So they approved your OWP without the marriage certificate? Ive veen wondering whether to risk it

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Yeah same. So they approved your OWP without the marriage certificate? Ive veen wondering whether to risk it
Yes they did. We sent our applications for Pr and OWP with civil marriage statement only. I can't tell how risky it is. Probably very big risk to get application be returned. This is only my experience.

Reactions: Jeffuk88

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
I got finally what you meant! :D It's Civil Marriage Statement, some sort of piece of thick paper that's given by wedding commissioner after ceremony, which states that both partners have been lawfully joinet in matrimony..blah-blah-blah... it even looks like certificate :D

I read somewhere in CIC Guides that they do not consider it as a legal document and you must provide copy of marriage certificate if you're applying as a Spouse (not common-in-law).
I was in the same situation but decided to wait until I got marriage certificate. I didn't want to risk.

I am sure that the delay more or less caused by changing application processes and forms in Dec 2016. If you're in constant doubt call them and ask what the security check means and do you need to provide more doc-s or what? It will take some weight off your shoulders even if answer would be concrete.;)