+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending invitation for parents right after landing.

Hadi-t

Dec 4, 2010
Hi all,

I would appreciate if anyone can help, we got our PPR email and we are going to land in May 2019. We have a 2 yr old girl and we need to invite my mother right after our landing. we have some family issues that we need to do so.

How do you see our chance ?
how we can make it happen ?

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Hi all,

I would appreciate if anyone can help, we got our PPR email and we are going to land in May 2019. We have a 2 yr old girl and we need to invite my mother right after our landing. we have some family issues that we need to do so.

Yes, you can invite your mother; however, it'd take you 3 months approximately to get your PR card. Secondly, you need to show sufficient funds and get her travel details sorted.

I'd suggest you to wait for up until 6 months to 1 year before inviting her proving that you've lived in Canada and can support her stay financially.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Unfortunately, there's a high possibility that your mom will be refused. It would seem like she is moving long-term with you i.e. not a genuine, short-stay visitor.

Stating you need your mom to take care of your daughter is a huge no. That's viewed as working illegally as a visitor.

You would want to wait for some months before your mom applies for a TRV. She would need to prove she has strong ties to her home country + finances of her own (not financially dependent on you).... for a stay of about 3-4 weeks

Hadi-t

Dec 4, 2010
Yes, you can invite your mother; however, it'd take you 3 months approximately to get your PR card. Secondly, you need to show sufficient funds and get her travel details sorted.

I'd suggest you to wait for up until 6 months to 1 year before inviting her proving that you've lived in Canada and can support her stay financially.
thanks for the reply,
what if we send her invitation after we get our PR ?

Hadi-t

Dec 4, 2010
Unfortunately, there's a high possibility that your mom will be refused. It would seem like she is moving long-term with you i.e. not a genuine, short-stay visitor.

Stating you need your mom to take care of your daughter is a huge no. That's viewed as working illegally as a visitor.

You would want to wait for some months before your mom applies for a TRV. She would need to prove she has strong ties to her home country + finances of her own (not financially dependent on you).... for a stay of about 3-4 weeks
Thanks Brynna,
how would you suggest a single visit visa for 3 months ?
financial proof is not problem and she has good ties to prove she is going back.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thanks for the reply,
what if we send her invitation after we get our PR ?
Thanks Brynna,
how would you suggest a single visit visa for 3 months ?
financial proof is not problem and she has good ties to prove she is going back.
Again, applying for your mom right before/after you land as PR would imply that she is accompanying you for a long stay = Not a genuine visitor = Moving to Canada with you = High chances of a TRV refusal.

A genuine visitor is not likely to stay for 3 months

Hadi-t

Dec 4, 2010
Again, applying for your mom right before/after you land as PR would imply that she is accompanying you for a long stay = Not a genuine visitor = Moving to Canada with you = High chances of a TRV refusal.

A genuine visitor is not likely to stay for 3 months
Thank you so much.

ok, I think it is much wiser to wait for a couple of months.
Do you think invitation after 3-4 months would be fine, so that she can be with us for January ?

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
Thank you so much.

Do you think invitation after 3-4 months would be fine, so that she can be with us for January ?
again it will be too early as you just landed and applied for PRC even if you get it so again it is early to call parents for any reason doesn't make a sense

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much.

Unless you meant January 2020, January is next month, not 3-4 months later :p