+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sending document copies to universities

Janmeet Singh

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
help please
i am applying for university of windsor and university of Western ontario

when sending copies of documents required to uni should i send the attested copies ?

and attested by whom notary or self or previous univ?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Janmeet Singh said:
help please

when sending copies of documents required to uni should i send the attested copies ?

follow what ever the university requirement...if the university is asking for copies then no attestation required .......mostly they will ask for sealed transcripts and recommendation letters

AkashdeepS

May 23, 2014
Send transcripts sealed by university and letter of recommendation also sealed. If your are sending any other documents which are xerox notarized them before sending. The xerox documents can include IELTS, passport,high school mark sheets,etc.

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
mead said:
follow what ever the university requirement...if the university is asking for copies then no attestation required .......mostly they will ask for sealed transcripts and recommendation letters
If it's identity documents, I'm not so sure about the copy business but it is not at all unusual, certainly in immigration, for them to ask that copies be notarized as a true copy of original and I'm guessing that is what is meant here. As you stated, if it's academic marks, then yes i agree, they want those direct from Universities on institution letterhead , DIRECTLY sent to them as a precaution against fraud.

Janmeet Singh

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
university of western ontario allow me to upload scaned copy for application purpose

and university of windsor say this in there application information

You may submit copies of official transcripts, but if an offer of admission is extended on the basis of unofficial transcripts, final official transcripts must be submitted prior to registration in the program.

does this mean i can secure a conditional admission by sending copies

this is what confuses me ?

my university took more then 1 mnth to give me transcript and i will be late for admission if i wait for another one

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
Janmeet Singh said:
university of western ontario allow me to upload scaned copy for application purpose

and university of windsor say this in there application information

You may submit copies of official transcripts, but if an offer of admission is extended on the basis of unofficial transcripts, final official transcripts must be submitted prior to registration in the program.

this is what confuses me ?

my university took more then 1 mnth to give me transcript and i will be late for admission if i wait for another one
As a Canadian applicant to University, I was required, no matter what the University was, to have my previous transcripts submitted DIRECTLY to the University. And, that just so happened to include UWO. I can't see it being different for foreign applicants. It might be possible, I can't recall, for them to be sent electronically by your previous schools. Why not ask the Universities ? It's their policies, not immigration. It's their decision. Email them and ask. Mark it as URGENT in the subject line.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
no copies here does not mean photo copies but ur actual transcripts. even though ur university requires scanned copies of transcript they may ask for hard sealed copies later. so it is a good idea to carry extra transcripts.

u should get 5-6 extra transcripts from ur university u may require them in future too.

indersid

Jun 22, 2013
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2014
IELTS Request
15/03/2014
File Transfer...
11/11/2014
Med's Done....
1/11/2014
VISA ISSUED...
17/11/2014
Send them attested copies of your individual marksheets plus the official transcript of your university sealed and stamped by university registrar or signing authority.

gill9

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Janmeet Singh said:
help please

for western no need to send anything.
once u will get admission den dey vl let u noe about documents through email.

for windsor u need 2 send notarized documents.