+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending Application tomorrow - tracking advise

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
Hi EVeryone,

i have few questions regarding sending the application for my wife. Outland sponsorship. I will sending it to Sydney NS via Canada post.

for tracking the status of my application and at what step it is at. How do i get that information? how does the process goes after sending the application? the AOR and all of those. Where would i receive these notifications?? is there a guide or a thread that has all of these information?

Thanks in advance.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Under no circumstances would I use Canada Post (or any other national post office, e.g. Royal Mail for UK). Also Canada Post is on rotating strikes etc.

Strongly advise you to use a 'proper' international courier, that way you can track it every step of the way, even across national boundaries. For example, DHL, UPS, FEDEX etc.

Dawoodal

Sep 19, 2018
Under no circumstances would I use Canada Post (or any other national post office, e.g. Royal Mail for UK). Also Canada Post is on rotating strikes etc.

Strongly advise you to use a 'proper' international courier, that way you can track it every step of the way, even across national boundaries. For example, DHL, UPS, FEDEX etc.
i am in ontario. i am not sending it internationally. if i use another carriers as the ones you mentioned, do i need to send it to a different address??

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Canada Post services across Canada may be affected by ongoing delays in service from continued labour negotiations.

Our processes will be unaffected though you may experience delays in:

• sending applications mailed within or to Canada
  • receiving mail from us
If you’re planning on traveling to Canada or submitting an application (including for a passport or other travel document), apply early.

Visit Canada Post for more information before sending any application by mail. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
i am in ontario. i am not sending it internationally. if i use another carriers as the ones you mentioned, do i need to send it to a different address??
yes,
Case processing center-Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,suite 300
Mississauga,ON
L4Z 1H8

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
Hi EVeryone,

i have few questions regarding sending the application for my wife. Outland sponsorship. I will sending it to Sydney NS via Canada post.

for tracking the status of my application and at what step it is at. How do i get that information? how does the process goes after sending the application? the AOR and all of those. Where would i receive these notifications?? is there a guide or a thread that has all of these information?

Thanks in advance.
I, very highly, suggest that you use a courier when sending in your application, especially during these times due to the ongoing strike. A backlog and delays of several days to weeks are happening with Canada Post mails at the moment.

Since you are applying outland, the address that you have to use when sending an application via courier is:

Case Processing Centre - Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Good luck!

EDIT: The courier will give you a tracking number that you can use to check online if your package has arrived in Sydney, NS. You should expect about 70-90 days of waiting before you receive your AOR1.

Last edited:

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
can i drop it my self? thats 10 minutes away from me
As others have already mentioned, given the rotating strikes with Canada Post, it'd be safer going with a courier like FedEx, UPS, etc. If you go this route, the courier will give you a tracking number.

Check your checklist to see where you need to send your package. If it is in fact Mississauga, even though you live that close I'm fairly certain they explicitly state that drop-offs are not allowed. You must mail it.

Synoptic

Jan 20, 2018
I'm really sure that it has to be sent to CPC-Sydney if it's an outland application, by the way.