Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can somebody help me clear my doubt ,
first of all I took so much time to just start my application and secondly when we decided to finally apply inland, I am overwhelmed with confusions. I managed to get all the information for the inland PR and thought of sending an OWP along with my application when I came across more problems.
To apply for OWP and send it along with my PR application,I need a legal status I found out even though I have a TRV valid till 2017, I am out of legal status since I am here in Canada for 7 months (more than 6 months ).
question 1 -
Can I send my OWP application along with my PR application ?? Without restoring my legal status ??

If there's any thing missing in the application and if they send my application back after 2 months then I won't even have the 90 days window to apply for ROS.
I don't know what to do? What do you suggest ??? :'(

If I have to restore my status then
I need to fill the ROS form IMM 5708 :eek:

ON Page no 3 of IMM5708

Question 1 - purpose of my visit ??
Business
Tourism
Short term studies
Returning student
Super visa
Family visit
Other
Do I need to choose family visa now that I am sending an inland spousal application ....or what do I choose ??

Question number 2 - indicate how long are you planning to stay ? From and to , what does that mean ?
Since I am married to a Canadian I would like to stay Forever.

Please help me clear my doubts. :'(
Thank you in advance

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
This is a good question. I am also in a similar boat. I am out of status and yet to restore my status in next two weeks but i have recieved PT from Ontario .

I am hoping if we send to restore out status it will not affect our PR applications

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoPe90 said:
This is a good question. I am also in a similar boat. I am out of status and yet to restore my status in next two weeks but i have recieved PT from Ontario .
What is PT ?

I am sending the pr application to the Cic Mississauga and restoration form to Vegreville

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
I meant the Letter of Interest from Ontario to apply for PR.

I need to prove i have applied for restoration (or have status in Canada to apply for PR) - do you know how long it takes for them to process the restoration?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HoPe90 said:
I meant the Letter of Interest from Ontario to apply for PR.

I need to prove i have applied for restoration (or have status in Canada to apply for PR) - do you know how long it takes for them to process the restoration?
Seems like most restoration applications are taking four months to process these days - although some have gotten through faster.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
do you think as long as I have my proof that i did send it off to be processed, I can include that in my documents i send to Ontario and that would be sufficient?

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoPe90 said:
do you think as long as I have my proof that i did send it off to be processed, I can include that in my documents i send to Ontario and that would be sufficient?
As far as I know you don't need to be in status to apply for PR, you can still send your application without your status.I am applying for restoration of status before I loose the 90 days frame thinking of worse cases if I have a mistake in my PR forms or missing info, God forbid if they send my Pr application back then I won't even have the time frame to apply for restoration.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Oh I see what you are saying but I also have to apply for the restoration before the 90 days time frame is over or I will be in breach.

Dont want to risk that, for the Ontario Nominee Program on the form it asks if you are applying in canada, what is your status? Worker/ Student/ Visitor that is why I was thinking if I do not send my restoration asap it may hinder me.

I read on this forum that you can still send in your application if you are out of status. So that has given me a bit of hope at this point in time.

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoPe90 said:
Oh I see what you are saying but I also have to apply for the restoration before the 90 days time frame is over or I will be in breach.

Dont want to risk that, for the Ontario Nominee Program on the form it asks if you are applying in canada, what is your status? Worker/ Student/ Visitor that is why I was thinking if I do not send my restoration asap it may hinder me.

I read on this forum that you can still send in your application if you are out of status. So that has given me a bit of hope at this point in time.
For me where they have asked my status in Canada , I have put others and explained - out of status,need restoration. And the time frame to restore the status after loosing the status is 90 days so I am sending the pr application and restoring my status too.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Oh okay, I see what you are saying. I will probably be in the same boat, im working with a lawyer and I think we will send off the request for restoration as that needs to be sent ASAP as the 90 days comes to an end next month. Then we will send the documents to ontario a few weeks later with proof that I have sent to restore my status.

Well fingers crossed for both of us that it goes through and no complications or delays.

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoPe90 said:
Oh okay, I see what you are saying. I will probably be in the same boat, im working with a lawyer and I think we will send off the request for restoration as that needs to be sent ASAP as the 90 days comes to an end next month. Then we will send the documents to ontario a few weeks later with proof that I have sent to restore my status.

Well fingers crossed for both of us that it goes through and no complications or delays.
You hired lawyer for the entire process or just the initial consultation ?

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
I hired her for the entire process, I was in a bit of a tricky situation so I hired her , so she helping me with the paper work and everything so I make sure to file everything properly

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoPe90 said:
I hired her for the entire process, I was in a bit of a tricky situation so I hired her , so she helping me with the paper work and everything so I make sure to file everything properly
even mine is bit complicated since I have to restore my status but this forum really helped me find answers. Fingers crossed that I have done everything properly. Spoke to couple of immigration lawyers and they were asking a lot for the PR application and they were treating restoration and work permit as a separate cases and in total was a lot so dropped the idea.
All the best to us and everyone who's in the forum with some paper work process going on !!

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
for sure, it is definitely pricey! This forum honestly has given me more ideas than my lawyer has. So even though I will listen to what she says I always come back here to see what I can find.

I am hopeful things will go through for us. Im sure it has been a long journey and we would all like to rest soon.

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoPe90 said:
for sure, it is definitely pricey! This forum honestly has given me more ideas than my lawyer has. So even though I will listen to what she says I always come back here to see what I can find.

I am hopeful things will go through for us. Im sure it has been a long journey and we would all like to rest soon.
All the best to us and everyone else here.
I just mailed my PR application to Mississauga and restoration application to Vegreville. :D fingers crossed !!
Took so much to get it all together !! So much of printing and then re printing. God knows how much papers I have wasted and contributed ( guilty :-[ ) to the paper pollution.
Still a long way to go! It's just a beginning of the process.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE HERE.