+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending additional documents with initial application (NOA, T4s, etc)

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Dear forum members,
I just want us to close thos debate on a positive and constructive note. As you've probably noticed, I love statistics... Why? Because numbers don't lie...
So I put together a list of forum members who reported sending initial application with extra documents... and the results. Please read carefully and make the right decision for yourself.

Member Results Comments
whiz Received RQ RQ has been send by local office

Arambi No RQ so far (File transferred to local office since Jan 2015). sent extra documents, but did not go overboard. Only sent T4 slips, employment letter, job duties, boarding passes

SenoritaBella No RQ so far sent extra documents, but did not go overboard. Only sent T4 slips, employment letter, job duties, boarding passes

dpenabill No RQ so far

Hera9 No RQ so far "Test=> 3-Mar-2015
included NOA in my application, didn't include T4 & employment letter"

RussCan No RQ so far "Included T4, NOA, employment letter. I included everything above enumerated, including a detailed cover letter stating my case of why I believe to have build strong residential ties in Canada. When I was passing the exam this month the officer conducting the interview said she was very impressed with how well organized and detailed my application was.

"
chikloo Received RQ provided all the details that you have included and went one step further and got CBP records. I still got my RQ

No RQ 5
RQ received 2

Good luck

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
arambi said:
Dear forum members,
I just want us to close thos debate on a positive and constructive note. As you've probably noticed, I love statistics... Why? Because numbers don't lie...
So I put together a list of forum members who reported sending initial application with extra documents... and the results. Please read carefully and make the right decision for yourself.

Member Results Comments
whiz Received RQ RQ has been send by local office

Arambi No RQ so far (File transferred to local office since Jan 2015). sent extra documents, but did not go overboard. Only sent T4 slips, employment letter, job duties, boarding passes

SenoritaBella No RQ so far sent extra documents, but did not go overboard. Only sent T4 slips, employment letter, job duties, boarding passes

dpenabill No RQ so far

Hera9 No RQ so far "Test=> 3-Mar-2015
included NOA in my application, didn't include T4 & employment letter"

RussCan No RQ so far "Included T4, NOA, employment letter. I included everything above enumerated, including a detailed cover letter stating my case of why I believe to have build strong residential ties in Canada. When I was passing the exam this month the officer conducting the interview said she was very impressed with how well organized and detailed my application was.

"
chikloo Received RQ provided all the details that you have included and went one step further and got CBP records. I still got my RQ

No RQ 5
RQ received 2

Good luck

Sharing my own experience ....in case if it helps !

I send NOAs (last 3 years ) T4A and volunteer letter for myself as I am a full time student . My file is with Local office .No RQ

For my husband , we send T4s , NOAs (last 3 years) , employment contract (as he worked with the same employer since we landed) , current letter of employment from the employer , sample pay slips from the last three years . His file is in process . No RQ

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Two of my friends have sent the same documents and they ended up with RQ. In this forum recently other people have complained about the same. CIC is a gamble.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the end it's the applicant's descretion. But what i know, out of 15 friends who are already citizens, i'm the only 1 here in this forum.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQ triggers for many reasons. Few common reasons are applicant background, family ties, residence/address consistency, passport discrepancies, pro long and frequent travel history. I don't think just adding NOA/T4 and passport all pages are the reason for RQ. If indeed an applicant receive RQ in spite of sending these documents then the reason could be something else or probably from what I mentioned above..

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
As you can see, I took into account direct testimony only, not hearsay. If we add informatics and his wife, we now have 7-no RQ received and 2-RQ received from direct testimonies.

Based on this very limited sample, one can reasonably postulate that sending limited extra documents is MORE likely NOT to trigger RQ than to trigger RQ. Furthermore, extra documents thus accepted by CIC is likely to help application, not harm application. Statistically speaking, it appears that sending extra docs is a good gamble, one with potential rewards far greater than risks.

Doesn't matter what side of the debate you are in, it is a matter of having a hard look at the numbers and drawing a reasonable conclusion.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Very small fraction of people are writing here, the sample should include the most recent applicants, because CIC is changing the policies very frequently.
From the recent reports it seems that sending extra document is not a good idea.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Politren said:
Very small fraction of people are writing here, the sample should include the most recent applicants, because CIC is changing the policies very frequently.
From the recent reports it seems that sending extra document is not a good idea.
Could you put together the data from recent reports? I would like to draw conclusions from the numbers... even small sample

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
arambi said:
Could you put together the data from recent reports? I would like to draw conclusions from the numbers... even small sample
I applied in September 2014 whereas my husband applied in Nov 2014 .

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
I think would be interesting also why some applicants decide to send extra documents that are not required.
Why some have the urge to attach few or more extra documents.

I'm not referring to those who sent work records last year, when between May 2014 and Sept 2014 was required in the application form.
I'm asking those who under no requirements decide to send extra documents.

Kitsilano

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I put NOA, T4'S, Rental agreements. no RQ.
Applied on June, done by February.
I think you have right to prove everything written down to application forms.

Trex25

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
arambi said:
The below sheet could help. I don't think CIC has any triggers on the pre-test RQ. I think they use manufacturing Quality check procedures and statistics, which is doing a sample check of applicants in some sort of a percentage or some sort of quality check algorithm. That's why it has no logical foundation. The After test RQ could have triggers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
The spreadsheet referenced by Trek25 does not capture a sample from the population of interest in this mini-statistical study. The population of interest is made up of those who sent extra (not required) documents with initial applications. That's why I went through recent postings from fellow forum members to capture the right sample.

As you can see, I took into account direct testimonies only, not hearsay. After adding Kitsilano's direct testimony, we now have 8-no RQ received and 2-RQ received from direct testimonies of those who sent in extra documents (recently).

This suggests that 80% of those who sent in extra documents did not receive RQ, which reinforces my previous conclusion.

"Based on this very limited sample, one can reasonably postulate that sending limited extra documents is MORE likely NOT to trigger RQ than to trigger RQ. Furthermore, extra documents thus accepted by CIC is likely to help application, not harm application. Statistically speaking, it appears that sending extra docs is a good gamble, one with potential rewards far greater than risks"

Doesn't matter what side of the debate you are in, it is a matter of having a hard look at the numbers and drawing a reasonable conclusion.

Trex25 said:
The below sheet could help. I don't think CIC has any triggers on the pre-test RQ. I think they use manufacturing Quality check procedures and statistics, which is doing a sample check of applicants in some sort of a percentage or some sort of quality check algorithm. That's why it has no logical foundation. The After test RQ could have triggers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au02r_J_VN90dHdrcDJyaWZYYW55d0hJMzJDNUFRaHc#gid=0

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
arambi said:

"Based on this very limited sample, one can reasonably postulate that sending limited extra documents is MORE likely NOT to trigger RQ than to trigger RQ.

The real question is if it has any benefit, hence if it worth the effort.
The fact that adding extra documents and the application has a "normal" process, it may very well mean that the extra documents were ignored or discarded or irrelevant or just unwanted.

From your statistics quite relevant are the two applications that received RQ even when sent additional documents. I see this as confirming that most likely any additional document is discarded during triage stage.