+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Send application to Canadina consulate in NY by mail from Canada

pbconnections

Feb 6, 2013
Hi Sorry for the delay answering.
Unfortunately all has changed since I wrote and now the Vac in NY is closed until further notice , whatever that means.
My friends were in Canada as visitors and then in US as visitors for 2 weeks, applying for first work visa as live-in caregivers. They put US as their residence on the application. This is legal to do .
So for future reference if the VAC opens again, it seems that applying from the US with them is much faster and worth the cost of airfare and a little holiday.

I have a new thread starting a discussion of how now to apply.

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
Sorry also for the late update. Sent my application via mail to New york consulate office oct 1 and got my approval january 27. Received my passport february 10. Godbless everyone!

samantha1230

Aug 28, 2014
Hi pbconnections. Can i just ask did your cousin submit their passport when they submitted application in VAC? Or after they submitted they get back to canada and wait for their visa in canada?

lottieh1

Aug 2, 2012
Hi I'm also applying to be a LIC for within canada. I tried topple online but every time I do the questionnaie it tells me I'm eligible for the IEC I'm not I've done two years! Anyway what address did you send it to the New York vac website keeps sending me in circles

samantha1230

Aug 28, 2014
Hi lotiieh1.. are you here in canada? Whats your visa? Im on a visitor visa and i already found an employer its only the matter of getting work permit. How do you plan to do yours? Thanks for reply.

lottieh1

Aug 2, 2012
Samantha1230 yeah I'm here in vancouver finished a two year IEC and now on a visitor visa. I've applied to the me work vac for a work permit as a love in care giver my employer has got a lmo. I posted it three days ago just waiting to hear they have received it

lottieh1

Aug 2, 2012
samantha1230 said:
Hi lotiieh1 did you apply in new york? In person?

no i mailed it. i forgot to include a return envolpe though so they asked me to send a pre paid return online, which i have done.

yzza

Oct 16, 2014
Hi i would like to ask what are the steps to follow in applying work permit in New York..

I have my LMIa for Live in caregiver just arrive.

do i need to send only the VAC consent form and VAC service fee (The fee for the VAC service is payable ONLY in USD, the cost is $43.01 per application)

CSC Consular Services Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352

and the following on these:

Work Permit Form - IMM 1295
- Pre paid return airway bill to send with your documents with your finalized application.
Work Permit Application Fee (CAD $155.00 or USD $145.00)
application form(s) and ALL of the required documents mentioned in the checklist (including work permit fee payment) to the VAC:

Visa Application Centre
290 Madison Ave, 2nd fl.
(41st Street & 40th Street)
New York, New York 10017
U.S.A.

PLease give advise...thank you