+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Send application to Canadina consulate in NY by mail from Canada

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
Dear all members

I wanted to hear from somebody who sent work permit applications by mail from Canada.
I am going to send my app soon by mail there and want to wait their decision within Canada.

I heard some bad rumor these days that anybody is not eligible to send applications by mail from Canada anymore.
But I cannot find any official information. So please let me know your experience who sent application by mail and wait the decision within Canada, especially who did that recently.

Thank you very much for your help!!

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
I have the same situation as yours. I am a temporary woker who wants to apply for the live-in caregiver program. In order to be included in the LCP I need to apply my application for work permit outside canada which is in new york. I applied througj VAC new york and they returned my application because they are just admitting applicants in the US and bermuda. Im planning to just directly send my application in New York Consulate. Hope they will accept it.

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
gwennie said:
I have the same situation as yours. I am a temporary woker who wants to apply for the live-in caregiver program. In order to be included in the LCP I need to apply my application for work permit outside canada which is in new york. I applied througj VAC new york and they returned my application because they are just admitting applicants in the US and bermuda. Im planning to just directly send my application in New York Consulate. Hope they will accept it.
Thank you for sharing your situation, gwennie. Yes, also my friend tried to send her application to VAC first, but it was returned. I called VAC then, obliviously they accept applications from within the US, not from Canada. Did you sent your application to VAC first because the process through the VAC is faster? Or because you also doubted we would not be able to apply applications to NY consulate by mail from Canada? I have to make a decision soon!

pinkgwen

Sep 23, 2013
I sent it first to VAC but they said they are just processing application in US and Bermuda. I sent an email to NY consulate office and I received a positive reply.
"Be advised that you may submit your application for work permit in our office in NY."

Gonna send it today directly to the New York Consulate. May I know what application are you applying?

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
pinkgwen said:
I sent it first to VAC but they said they are just processing application in US and Bermuda. I sent an email to NY consulate office and I received a positive reply.
"Be advised that you may submit your application for work permit in our office in NY."

Gonna send it today directly to the New York Consulate. May I know what application are you applying?
Dear pinkgwen

Thank you sooo much for sharing your information! This is really valuable information:) Mine is under live in caregiver program. Are you in Canada as well? I will send my application soon to the consulate in NY. Please keep posted your process. I will, too!
Thank you very much. And good luck!

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
We are in the same boat then. I sent my application last friday directly to the new york consulate office. We'll see this week what will be their response. Yes im here in canada as a temporary worker. Food counter attendant. I have already all the requireeents to apply under the lcp. Praying for a positive result.

icycool

Apr 13, 2011
Hi there,

I wonder about applying work permit for live in caregiver. Can I send application online to NYC or only paper?

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
icycool said:
Hi there,

I wonder about applying work permit for live in caregiver. Can I send application online to NYC or only paper?

Dear icycool

Are you in Canada currently and think about to apply work permit under live in caregiver program? If so, you are same situation like me. I am suffering from how should I apply my application from Canada as a visitor:'( I have tons of DIFFERENT rumors or information which are right (truth) or not.... Everybody tells me different things!! I plan to apply my work permit by mail to NY from Canada. But now I really don't know this way is still available for people like my situation or not....

Petoto

Sep 5, 2013
gwennie said:
We are in the same boat then. I sent my application last friday directly to the new york consulate office. We'll see this week what will be their response. Yes im here in canada as a temporary worker. Food counter attendant. I have already all the requireeents to apply under the lcp. Praying for a positive result.
Dear gwennie

Thank you for sharing your status. I appreciate it. I still wait and see how to submit my application from Canada. I am a visitor now, not a worker. Have you ever figured out or heard that people cannot send work permit under the live in caregiver program to visa office in NY directly from Canada anymore? The website of consulate in NY indicates that, but I am really not make sure. Because always when I called CIC and asked my question above, then they told me I still can do that by mail to NY office from Canada.
Did you hear anything new from NY? Wish you good luck and I will continue to let you know my process, too!! Feel free to email me directly anytime!

Thank you very much.

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
I am still waiting for a positive response. My paper application has been delivered already. They accepted it anyway. I attached the email sent by NewYork Consulate. I'll keep you posted. GOD is good!

pbconnections

Feb 6, 2013
Hi

Is there any new news on this situation of whether we can still apply to NY by mail from Canada, as a visitor applying for first work permit for live-in caregiver.
I'm sure there is quite a few of us eagerly waiting to hear.

postdoc

Oct 18, 2013
I applied online for a work permit while on a visit visa in Canada through an immigration consultant and just got a passport request so, yes its possible!

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
Hi postdoc! When was the time you applied online? Whats the time frame from the date you sent your application online to the date you receive a letter requesting your passport? Thanks..

pbconnections

Feb 6, 2013
I would love to hear from postdoc what date you did it online and if you now have your approval.
Two of my friends went to the US last month and applied via VAC in NY and received their approval and passport returned in 2 weeks. One took it in and one by fed ex.

I am also going to put this up as a new topic to catch the eye of other people who might have recent experience.

gwennie

Apr 20, 2013
Hi pbconnections. May I know what's the status of your friends who went to NY VAC? Studen, visitor or worker? I sent my apllication via mail last week of april and i havent heard anything from them yet. Attached with my application was their email saying that i can send my application thru their office. My friend sent her application 1 week after mine. 2 weeks after her application was given back to her and telling her they are already not accepting application thru mail.