+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

selling of house to apply for PR

chim65

Dec 3, 2017
Please l am selling my property in my home country to embark on this migration pursuit to canada through the express entry,especially in the aspect of raising my proof of fund. I just recieved ITA this January 24th.
Though l am a professional from a developing country,l want to ask you that is already a resident,looking at some of the stories l have had so far about job opportunities very hard to secure in canada. Pls does this step l am about taking ,really worth it from your own personal perspective and experience too.
Thanks for your understanding and kind replies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would strongly discourage you from resettling in Canada if you want to practice medicine. It is a long and expensive road and very few get a spot. If your goal is to relocate into a rural area and become a family doctor you have slightly better chances.

chim65

Dec 3, 2017
Hi
Would strongly discourage you from resettling in Canada if you want to practice medicine. It is a long and expensive road and very few get a spot. If your goal is to relocate into a rural area and become a family doctor you have slightly better chances.
Hi canuck, thanks for your reply, l have had a few say so. That means l am wasting my resources coming over, what of considering your children future too.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I don’t know that it isn’t a worthwhile goal. Obviously having studied as a doctor to begin with, that was a long and expensive road to begin with. I know several doctors who have successfully relocated and have found it a worthwhile effort. Granted, most work in small towns, but they seem to enjoy the closeness of the communities.
Would I sell my house, maybe. But, nothing ventured nothing gained. I would certainly do my homework and research the ins and outs (which I am sure you have) before commuting all the way. There are always the horror stories of the doctor who drives a cab, but really, I think these are the exceptions and are a result of poor preparation. My two cents.

chim65

Dec 3, 2017
I don’t know that it isn’t a worthwhile goal. Obviously having studied as a doctor to begin with, that was a long and expensive road to begin with. I know several doctors who have successfully relocated and have found it a worthwhile effort. Granted, most work in small towns, but they seem to enjoy the closeness of the communities.
Would I sell my house, maybe. But, nothing ventured nothing gained. I would certainly do my homework and research the ins and outs (which I am sure you have) before commuting all the way. There are always the horror stories of the doctor who drives a cab, but really, I think these are the exceptions and are a result of poor preparation. My two cents.
Thanks @ Buletruck for your earnest reply.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If it’s your children’s future that is weighing on your decision, there is always the option of educating them in Canada. That would give them(provided they qualify) for PGWP and the opportunity for a PR. Tuition would be expensive, but then again, so is selling everything and taking a chance here.

chim65

Dec 3, 2017
If it’s your children’s future that is weighing on your decision, there is always the option of educating them in Canada. That would give them(provided they qualify) for PGWP and the opportunity for a PR. Tuition would be expensive, but then again, so is selling everything and taking a chance here.
ok buletruck ,are you on whatsup,