+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-owned consulting firm reference letters

jamaliam

Jan 28, 2016
Hi Gents -

I hope this message finds you. I'm facing an enormous confusion about my experience. I own a consulting firm, where I officially worked full time for almost 9 months, and then found a great job and kept it going. In the meanwhile , I was also engaging myself with some part time projects , and that's how I have entered the information in the EE profile. I have withdrew my profile and plan to enter it again for some reasons as well.

XXX Consulting Firm 2002 - Till Present ( Part Time)
XXX Consulting Form from 2001 - 2002 (Full time)

and the job title entered in the EE profile is : owner, founder, Director (Thats how the consultants did it) and they didn't tick mark the " Self Employed " Option .

Now It's a crazy situation - Do I have to reach my clients and ask them for a reference letter ? or can assign someone to be the CEO of my consulting firm and write me a reference letter . If I have to go back to my client for reference letters, then can anyone show client sample reference letter.

Appreciate your answers and replies.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
You should get client reference letters - I don't have any format but feel you should include the following info - dates you provided them service, what the scope of service was (should correspond to the job responsibilities of the NOC you are choosing) and the remuneration received. Get it from a couple of your clients, attach the work contracts for these customer and your bank statements or invoices showing the payments. That should suffice in my opinion. Getting a self declared or employee declared affidavit will not work in my opinion.

Hope this helps.