+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self Employment online

JASky

Mar 29, 2015
Hello to everyone! Nice to meet you! I have a little project but I really need more information. I'm studying photography and my desire is to work as a freelance photographer. (I do not have Work Permit. I'm waiting WHV)
I would like to make a site online and register it in Canada. I spoke with this site: cira.ca
They said to me this: «You simply must adhere to one of the Canadian presence requirement on our list.» and they gave me a PDF. (http: //cira.ca/sites/default/files/attachment/policies/cprregistrants-en.pdf)
I admit, I really don't understand everything. All I need are a Canadian Domain and a good lawyer?

Thank you very much. Best regards.

ATNZ

Oct 24, 2015
Not sure if this is related to immigration. The website is just domain name service company.

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
No lawyers are needed here.
The domain zone .ca has some stupid additional requirements. You cannot register a .ca website even with a work permit. You need to be at least a PR.
The solution here is to register a name in .com or other domain zones, .ca does not give you any benefits.

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
Hi,

What happened if you just simply use Kijiji, Facebook, Networking sites or same other websites to do your own online business?

Do you still have to be registered for working as freelancer?

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
JASky said:
Hello to everyone! Nice to meet you! I have a little project but I really need more information. I'm studying photography and my desire is to work as a freelance photographer. (I do not have Work Permit. I'm waiting WHV)
I would like to make a site online and register it in Canada. I spoke with this site: cira.ca
They said to me this: «You simply must adhere to one of the Canadian presence requirement on our list.» and they gave me a PDF. (http: //cira.ca/sites/default/files/attachment/policies/cprregistrants-en.pdf)
I admit, I really don't understand everything. All I need are a Canadian Domain and a good lawyer?

Thank you very much. Best regards.
It is not difficult. I know one of my friend who is an I.T. Professional and made several websites for Canadian Photographers. If you want I can share his email ID with you.