+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

self employed-process times

Jim Pugilist

Jun 25, 2013
Hi, I do have all paperwork ready for the self employed program. In the self test I get 80 points -so I felt super secure, but now checking processing times up to 72 months?? How can you open a business not knowing if you are granted the visa for that long time? Are you during the pendant status allowed to work? and most important still leaving and entering the country ?(You can´t in the US)
If that helps, I am German Citizen, self employed since 15 years as an Olympic Boxing Coach. I would apply either in Vienna or Mexico(where I am residing right now) after the paperwork is accepted in Sydney,,,
Would be glad if anybody can share some experience as this process seems to be new or rare...
Thanks-appreciate the help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jim Pugilist said:
Hi, I do have all paperwork ready for the self employed program. In the self test I get 80 points -so I felt super secure, but now checking processing times up to 72 months?? How can you open a business not knowing if you are granted the visa for that long time? Are you during the pendant status allowed to work? and most important still leaving and entering the country ?(You can´t in the US)
If that helps, I am German Citizen, self employed since 15 years as an Olympic Boxing Coach. I would apply either in Vienna or Mexico(where I am residing right now) after the paperwork is accepted in Sydney,,,
Would be glad if anybody can share some experience as this process seems to be new or rare...
Thanks-appreciate the help
1. You could open a business, but it is unlikely that you would get a work permit to work in it. They are very few and far between for SE applicants.

libratelco

Aug 2, 2013
I am interested to apply for Business or investor immigration for Canada.

Can anyone guide me from where i can start ?

Majid

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
libratelco said:
I am interested to apply for Business or investor immigration for Canada.

Can anyone guide me from where i can start ?

Majid
Start here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/index.asp

libratelco

Aug 2, 2013
The Immigrant Investor Program (IIP) aims to attract experienced business people to contribute to Canada’s growth and long-term prosperity by making a sizable investment into the Canadian economy. Investors seeking permanent residence must:

show that they have business experience
have a minimum net worth of C$1,600,000 that was obtained legally and
make a C$800,000 investment.

It required C$800k investment. Is there any other program in which need to invest less amount ?

oldmanmurray

Aug 16, 2013
Our lawyer told us 3-5 yrs minimum...

we applied in January, and just today we got the email to make the final payment and arrange a medical... so 9 months is not so bad! The time online is definitely NOT accurate...

Reactions: CarlosOjeda

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
oldmanmurray said:

we applied in January, and just today we got the email to make the final payment and arrange a medical... so 9 months is not so bad! The time online is definitely NOT accurate...
Hi, oldmanmurray

Congratulations on your progress! This is such an encouraging news for other applicants!

Could you share with us which visa office did you apply through? And which sub-category in self-employed class did you apply for? eg. cultural or athletics or farm management?

Your information would be much appreciated!

bob02

Star Member
Jan 27, 2010
oldmanmurray said:

Hi there
Wow!! that's super fast as compare to the news that is heard usually..5-6 years.Can u tell us which profession u applied as? and how much amount,approximately, u showed on paper?

irnica

Dec 10, 2013
oldmanmurray said:

Congratulations, oldmanmurray!
Can you please explain: “to make the final payment” - it means to pay processing fees?
I think that 3-5 years is a surprisingly long period. I can understand that CIC probably has a very long waiting list but some documents, which should be submitted, are valid for a limited period. For example police clearances – 1year, IELTS certificate – 2 years and the most important - fee payment form has a note: “The credit card must be valid for at least 9 months from the date of submission of your application. Otherwise your application will be returned” So, an application should be taken into the process or returned to the applicant within 9 months.

oldmanmurray

Aug 16, 2013
Linda2004 said:
Hi, oldmanmurray

Congratulations on your progress! This is such an encouraging news for other applicants!

Could you share with us which visa office did you apply through? And which sub-category in self-employed class did you apply for? eg. cultural or athletics or farm management?

Your information would be much appreciated!
My boyfriend got his confirmation email today! He still needs to send in a copy of his passport and more photos, but otherwise, he is confirmed/approved :)
He applied as a programmer/designer. He has been running his own company for a few years now with one other employee. He was able to demonstrate a very healthy income, and the ability to employ others. He also went to Art school, but is now in the technology (IOS apps, games, websites, etc) field, so in his application he talked about his desire to contribute to the artistic/technology community, since Cultural activities is one of the subcategories. It's a big vague, but if you do your research, you get a sense of what they are looking for. He was able to demonstrate that he was well educated, earns a solid income, and wanted to contribute to the Canadian Economy/Culture.

So to clarify - he applied in January 2013, and we just got confirmation in December 2013!
It was worth the wait :)

ubaid0092

Nov 20, 2013
oldmanmurray said:
My boyfriend got his confirmation email today! He still needs to send in a copy of his passport and more photos, but otherwise, he is confirmed/approved :)
He applied as a programmer/designer. He has been running his own company for a few years now with one other employee. He was able to demonstrate a very healthy income, and the ability to employ others. He also went to Art school, but is now in the technology (IOS apps, games, websites, etc) field, so in his application he talked about his desire to contribute to the artistic/technology community, since Cultural activities is one of the subcategories. It's a big vague, but if you do your research, you get a sense of what they are looking for. He was able to demonstrate that he was well educated, earns a solid income, and wanted to contribute to the Canadian Economy/Culture.

So to clarify - he applied in January 2013, and we just got confirmation in December 2013!
ist wonderful news for your friend,
please give me some information about some documentation.what type of documents provide for self employed business prove, and how much show funds for immigration,he attach any tax documents , ?

Linda2004

May 15, 2013
oldmanmurray said:

Hello oldmanmurray

Big congratulations to you and your boyfriend! I believe your case is a miracle in self-employed application.

Which visa office processed your case I wonder? Is it Ottawa? I heard Ottawa visa office is the fastest office in regards to processing time for self-employed.

However in Hongkong office, the average processing time is VERY LONG, 70 months...

Would you let us know your VO office? Thanks!

dima74

Nov 11, 2013
oldmanmurray said:

Outstanding news indeed! Congrats guys! I was also wondering about the visa office :)

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016

I wonder how healthy was your boyfriend net worth?