+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self employed immigration 2014

amnaakram

Feb 7, 2014
Hi,
I want to apply for Canadian Immigration in Federal Self Employed category.
I am a Hockey Player and have many years of work experience.Please confirm,If I meet the selection criteria without claiming points of language can I submit my application without IELTS result?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

amnaakram said:
Hi,
I am a Hockey Player and have many years of work experience.Please confirm,If I meet the selection criteria without claiming points of language can I submit my application without IELTS result?
1. Did you read the checklist, it says you have to include language test results.

orima76

Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
Doc's Request.
07/30/2014
Med's Request
10/06/2014
Med's Done....
10/20/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM: February 13th; PPR 03/10/2015
Hello, everyone!

I am hoping to apply for the self employed visa. I am on H1B visa in the United States and I get the W-2 form. I work part-time during the four years. NOC: 5243 theater, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers. I also work as self-employed in U.S., but I do not have a tax return here as self- employed. However, in my country, I have a small sewing studio that still working. My experience as a self-employed for 12 years. Do you think, I am a self-employed candidate? Thanks. :D

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
amnaakram said:
Hi,
Just to put the record straight.. I double checked for the very specific class that the OP is wanting to apply under. The official Guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/4000ETOC.asp states the following.

Factor 4: Ability in English and/or French

The ability to communicate and work in one or both of Canada’s official languages is very important to you as a business immigrant. Proficiency in English, French or both will help you in the Canadian labour market.

You will be awarded up to 24 points for your basic, moderate or high proficiency in English and French. You will be given points based on your ability to:

listen,
speak,
read, and
write.
Proof of Language Proficiency

If you wish to be awarded points for your proficiency in English and/or French, you must submit language test results from a designated testing agency to the CIO with your application.

To be eligible for points for language ability, you must include the results of one of the following language tests from a testing agency designated by CIC:

English

IELTS: International English Language Testing System (General Training test only)
CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (General test only)
French

TEF: Test d’évaluation de français
Important information. If you do not submit the results of your official language proficiency test with your application to the CIO, you will not be awarded points for your ability in English and/or French.
The OP is correct that it's not mandatory for this Class..

Feb 24, 2014
Hello everybody

We would like to start our visa application under the self employed category, we need to do it through Paris, but it seems such a long time to get the visa. 39 monts is very long time to set our life on hold. Does anyone have any experience with the Paris office? And self employed category?
I have my own business for almost 5 years now, and would like to relocate to Canada

thank you for the replies
neil

Samah Mostafa

Oct 17, 2013
Dear Own ,
I am partner already in Canada with someone else who is PR and holding work permit , we have 2 business that are responsible for Running conferences, Workshops and publishing scientific journal , Am I qualify for applying under self employment? and if I applied inside Canada how many months will it take ? thank you

orima76

Oct 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/03/2014
Doc's Request.
07/30/2014
Med's Request
10/06/2014
Med's Done....
10/20/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM: February 13th; PPR 03/10/2015
orima76 said:
Hello, everyone!

I am hoping to apply for the self employed visa. I am on H1B visa in the United States and I get the W-2 form. I work part-time during the four years. NOC: 5243 theater, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers. I also work as self-employed in U.S., but I do not have a tax return here as self- employed. However, in my country, I have a small sewing studio that still working. My experience as a self-employed for 12 years. Do you think, I am a self-employed candidate? Thanks. :D
I did it!!! :D

Feb 27, 2015
ubaid0092 said:
i m photographer i want apply as self employed catagory , anyone have idea how much funds requirements for cultural activity like photographer , Artist etc
In this table you can see evidence of money you need depending on the number of persons listed in the application.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. They update these amounts every year.

Number of Family Members Funds Required (in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

This applies regardless of the type of application and in particular for applications such as self-employed - which does not require a different amount of money to open a business. The cover letter to this matter than self-employed category. In this letter, explain how you plan to become self-employed in Canada and the estimate of an amount of money to open this small business.
You must learn to present briefly education, personal artistic career, previous experience diverse, and outlining all the years of experience.

Jun 11, 2017
Hi everyone,
I'd like to apply as a self employed immigrant, i have 5 years of work experience in translation, currently working as a translator... As i checked translators are listed in this category of immigration type... My question is how should i prove that i have worked as a translator, is it submitting a contract, or presenting a turnover...
Thanks in advance

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi everyone,
I'd like to apply as a self employed immigrant, i have 5 years of work experience in translation, currently working as a translator... As i checked translators are listed in this category of immigration type... My question is how should i prove that i have worked as a translator, is it submitting a contract, or presenting a turnover...
Thanks in advance
Maybe chose express entry if you qualify over self employed given self employed stream processing time is quoted as 62 months. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/self-employed/apply-who.asp