UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
How many months after AOR, do we expect medical request

There are many members who have got medical request recently..
before the pandemic average rate of getting Medical requests after AOR was 6 to 9 months.

after a pandemic, you can't say anything but you should get it at least 2 or 4 months before your deadline.

smallcats

Sep 20, 2019
Updating this timeline:

16 September 2019: Application Received
17 October 2019: AOC & Request for Biometrics.
18 October 2021: Request for medical evaluation.
9 November 2021: Email from IRCC agent asking if we had scheduled a medical exam. (We had; it was just barely within the 30 days due to lack of slots.)
10 November 2021: Invitation to pre-arrival services.
16 November 2021: Medical examination
18 November 2021: Made spouse retake one test from medical exam
25 November 2021: Medical examination passed
26 November 2021: PPR.
8 December 2021: Sent PPR.
10 December 2021: Stuck in customs. Boo.
15 December 2021: Finally delivered.
17 December 2021: Application approved.

~~~

For what it’s worth, my application probably slid through a little faster for a number of reasons. One, all of my contracts and royalties are portable, which I was able to demonstrate in my application, and so I will come to Canada with a six figure income. And two, my spouse is a doctor—wouldn’t qualify for Express Entry because of age, but I suspect they very much want doctors to come right now. My hope for the coming year is that everyone else still waiting will soon hear good news.

Thank you all for the information you have provided these last two years.

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Updating this timeline:

9 November 2021: Email from IRCC agent asking if we had scheduled a medical exam. (We had; it was just barely within the 30 days due to lack of slots.)

~~~

For what it’s worth, my application probably slid through a little faster for a number of reasons. One, all of my contracts and royalties are portable, which I was able to demonstrate in my application, and so I will come to Canada with a six figure income. And two, my spouse is a doctor—wouldn’t qualify for Express Entry because of age, but I suspect they very much want doctors to come right now. My hope for the coming year is that everyone else still waiting will soon hear good news.

our end. I wish you all happiness and success and thank you so much for sharing this good news and giving us a glimmer of hope

Iji_fm

Oct 17, 2021
Updating this timeline:

~~~

Congratulations!!!

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Updating this timeline:

~~~

expand...
Congratulations
Thanks for sharing

Libbie

Apr 2, 2020
I just received an update today. Here's my timeline:

Mailed paper application to NS in late November

12/24/19: Received at IRCC/AOR issued

1/6/20: Requested biometrics fee

1/6/20: Biometrics fee paid via online tool

At some point in summer of ’20, processing status switched from In Process to Application Received.

Nov 22, 2020: in Application Received status, processing time listed as 22 months. (Expected answer by Oct 2021.)

Jan 14, 2022: Request for the following materials: “newly completed” Schedule A Background Declaration, another original FBI clearance certificate (both provided with the original application, but maybe covid-related delays expired the certificates? Just a guess), proof of self-employment since 12/2019 (when they received my application, so this is just to cover the gap and prove that I’ve remained self-employed all this time) and a request for a medical examination to be completed within 30 days.

I applied from the USA, under the Authors & Writers designation

Good luck to everyone! It takes a long time, but hang in there! Now we will scramble to get all the documents back and get our medical exams scheduled with an approved doctor as quickly as possible. The postal system in the USA is still pretty messed up, so we'll have to act quickly.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada

At some point in summer of ’20, processing status switched from In Process to Application Received.

Nov 22, 2020: in Application Received status, processing time listed as 22 months. (Expected answer by Oct 2021.)

Jan 14, 2022: Request for the following materials: “newly completed” Schedule A Background Declaration, another original FBI clearance certificate (both provided with the original application, but maybe covid-related delays expired the certificates? Just a guess), proof of self-employment since 12/2019 (when they received my application, so this is just to cover the gap and prove that I’ve remained self-employed all this time) and a request for a medical examination to be completed within 30 days.

Good luck to everyone! It takes a long time, but hang in there! Now we will scramble to get all the documents back and get our medical exams scheduled with an approved doctor as quickly as possible. The postal system in the USA is still pretty messed up, so we'll have to act quickly.
It seems to be a good sign and I do hope that is! Good luck!
(We were asked to update our schedule A prior to approval as well and yes, the relevant experience is counted from 5 years prior to application to the stage when a decision is made)

You mentioned the US postal system - which part are you specifically worried about?

Libbie

Apr 2, 2020
It seems to be a good sign and I do hope that is! Good luck!
(We were asked to update our schedule A prior to approval as well and yes, the relevant experience is counted from 5 years prior to application to the stage when a decision is made)

You mentioned the US postal system - which part are you specifically worried about?
The US postal system has just been moving very slowly the past few years. There has been an intentional movement within certain factions of the government to disrupt everything they possibly can, and unfortunately the USPS is one of the services they've targeted, so it takes much longer than it used to to send documents, etc. via mail. :( But by acting quickly, we should be able to avoid delays and keep everything within the 30-day window.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
The US postal system has just been moving very slowly the past few years. There has been an intentional movement within certain factions of the government to disrupt everything they possibly can, and unfortunately the USPS is one of the services they've targeted, so it takes much longer than it used to to send documents, etc. via mail. :( But by acting quickly, we should be able to avoid delays and keep everything within the 30-day window.
I see :(

Just curious - is that the FBI clearance that will be sent by post? Other than that, uploaded through GCKey account?

praxs4u

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Mumbai, India

Hope we can get good news soon...

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020

Just curious - is that the FBI clearance that will be sent by post? Other than that, uploaded through GCKey account?
[/QUOT

I got AOR. It has UCI number and a temporary application number. Pls my question is I can't seem to link my application to the GCKey account I opened. Could it be network issues or am not supposed to link my application at this stage? Help pls!

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020

[/QUOT

I got AOR. It has UCI number and a temporary application number. Pls my question is I can't seem to link my application to the GCKey account I opened. Could it be network issues or am not supposed to link my application at this stage? Help pls!

Libbie

Apr 2, 2020

I do plan to upload through GCKey when I get them, but I expect delays in having them mailed to me from the FBI. Ack!! I'll be requesting them on Monday so hopefully they arrive with plenty of time to get them uploaded within the 30-day window.