Dubai
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
6-04-2020
AOR Received.
Temporary Application Number - 5-03-2021
I also got a temporary application number this morning. There was a AOR number in the email title, But It definitely is not a AOR.
So it means somebody gets AOR, others get temporary AOR?
Which stream you applied is it self employed cultural activities? From which country?

SanjayS2512

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Dubai
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
6-04-2020
AOR Received.
Temporary Application Number - 5-03-2021
Today I got AOR.

2020-07-27 Files sent to CIO.
2021-01-15 AOR
Which stream is it PNP or self employed? As my wives application reached on April 6th 2020 but still no AOR or temporary AOR

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
I also got a temporary application number this morning. There was a AOR number in the email title, But It definitely is not a AOR.
So it means somebody gets AOR, others get temporary AOR?
I guess all of those are temp. application numbers at this stage. let's wait and see. at least they're working and your application is kind of safe in CIO!

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
What is the difference between an AOR and temporary AOR?

Can you track a temp. AOR # via the IRCC website?
A temporary AOR only lets you contact IRCC with questions and is a notification that your application has been received and on which date, but it will not allow you to link a paper application to your online account.

The actual AOR will come after the application has been checked for completeness and processing has begun, at that time you can link your application online

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
A temporary AOR only lets you contact IRCC with questions and is a notification that your application has been received and on which date, but it will not allow you to link a paper application to your online account.

The actual AOR will come after the application has been checked for completeness and processing has begun, at that time you can link your application online
Thank you so much, super helpful! :)

Reactions: Taylah

preeti_sehar

May 21, 2015
I'm starting this thread for those who are considering sending in an application under self-employed category in 2019.

Current processing time on CIC website says 21 months.

You can find occupations that fall under self-employed category here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=291&top=6.

Let's all support each other as we proceed on this journey in 2019...

Regards
Prakash Patel
hi do we need to be in canada and register a company under self employed category before applying

preeti_sehar

May 21, 2015
Theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers -- noc 5243 fashion designer category with textile clothing category is my experience ...

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers -- noc 5243 fashion designer category with textile clothing category is my experience ...
no need to be Canada.
not sure if business registration is compulsory but you have to be able to prove your self employment experience for 2 years or above.
your noc sounds eligible. but it's more important to have the required relevant experience as a self employed person.