+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2019

pathak2016

May 29, 2016
I am a self employed video camera operator, having more than two years of experience as self employed person. How can I apply? Do I need a business plan and immigration lawyer to apply? Please help

pathak2016

May 29, 2016
Hello!

According to the guidelines posted here re: what "cultural activities" means, you should qualify for the Self-Employed Persons class since video camera operator falls under "Technical support and other jobs in motion pictures." https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=291&top=6

You don't need a business plan to apply, but you do need to provide a "narrative document" that tells how your experience as a video camera operator has financially supported you and/or your dependents for at least two out of the past five years. You should be able to show that your experience as a video camera operator will be enough to sustain you and any dependents after you move to Canada without your needing to apply for other jobs that would otherwise go to Canadian citizens.

You do not have to have an immigration lawyer to apply. I applied without one (currently waiting for my application to be processed.) I found it simple enough to do as long as I followed all the instructions very carefully. The immigration.ca web site has a lot of problems and many of the required forms would download as blanks, etc., so I had to put a lot of effort into getting all the forms I needed and as a consequence it took longer than it really needed to. So an immigration lawyer can probably move through this process much more quickly for you... but it is entirely possible to go through the process on your own. The instructions are clear and easy to follow; it's only getting the correct forms that is difficult!

pathak2016

May 29, 2016
Thank you very much for your reply. Another thing I would like to know that during my self employment mostly I worked for NGO, News channel and Corporate companies so will that be a matter as I haven't work internationally?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Thank you very much for your reply. Another thing I would like to know that during my self employment mostly I worked for NGO, News channel and Corporate companies so will that be a matter as I haven't work internationally?
As long as you have 2 yrs+ self employment experiences.

You need to mention your plan in schedule 6A.
Some of the applicants here did not hire a lawyer.

twoFour

May 1, 2020
Greetings , everyone.
After lurking for a long time I feel that it's time to contribute and communicate with the community.

I applied under NOC 5241 (Graphic designers and illustrators) in December 2019.

My timeline so far
Application Sent: 27 Nov 2019
Application Delivered: 5 Dec 2019
AOR + Biometrics Request: 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics Done: 30 Dec 2019
Pre-Arrival services Letter: 23 Apr 2020

I noticed that some other users received their pre-arrival before medicals and it's seems like a common occurrence with the Self-Employed stream.
Anybody has an insight on why this is the case?

Reactions: comerunning19

praxs4u

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Mumbai, India
Greetings , everyone.
After lurking for a long time I feel that it's time to contribute and communicate with the community.

My timeline so far

I noticed that some other users received their pre-arrival before medicals and it's seems like a common occurrence with the Self-Employed stream.
Hi,

Thank you for the update , can you please let me know from which country are you applying from .... and what is Pre-Arrival Services Letter ?? my timeline is same as yours .....

Regards
Prakash

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Greetings , everyone.

My timeline so far

Congrats on things moving forward for you. Would you feel comfortable sharing what kind of self employed graphic design work you do and how long you’ve been doing it?

twoFour

May 1, 2020
Hi
Hi,

Thank you for the update , can you please let me know from which country are you applying from .... and what is Pre-Arrival Services Letter ?? my timeline is same as yours .....

Regards
Prakash
Hi and thank you,

It's a letter that invites you to use immigration services funded by the IRCC, before you arrive to Canada.
These include seminars/getogethers with information about living and working in Canada, getting your education, how to contact employers etc.
I am reading here that whoever passes eligibility usually receives this but I don't know for sure if that's the case.

I am applying from the EU

praxs4u

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Mumbai, India
Hi

Hi and thank you,

It's a letter that invites you to use immigration services funded by the IRCC, before you arrive to Canada.
These include seminars/getogethers with information about living and working in Canada, getting your education, how to contact employers etc.
I am reading here that whoever passes eligibility usually receives this but I don't know for sure if that's the case.

I am applying from the EU

Thank you for your quick reply.... Best of Luck....

My Noc code is the same 5241..

I am waiting for next update from IRCC...

twoFour

May 1, 2020
Congrats on things moving forward for you. Would you feel comfortable sharing what kind of self employed graphic design work you do and how long you’ve been doing it?
Hello typeaimages and thanks,

I am working with 3d graphics for games and film and have about 7 years experience all in all.
For the past 2 years I have been working via my own company with mostly clients from the video games industry.
Are you applying with the same NOC?

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hello typeaimages and thanks,

I am working with 3d graphics for games and film and have about 7 years experience all in all.
For the past 2 years I have been working via my own company with mostly clients from the video games industry.
Are you applying with the same NOC?
I am not. I'm a self-employed photographer, so I've applied under that NOC. I was just curious.

magi4christ

May 7, 2020
Could someone please let me know if the WES (credential evaluation) is mandatory for applicant and spouse?
Yes, We will be claiming the adaptability points from the Spouse's education.

number_23

Apr 5, 2020
Greetings , everyone.

My timeline so far

Hi,
Good news, congratulations
Do you know your local visa office?