no
Passport Req..
28-Mar-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-May-2012
LANDED..........
09-Aug-2012
Hi,

Please let me know whether I need to do self attestation in all pages of my ID proof and other documents that I am sending.

Secondly Biographical pages of passport-what it exactly means .Can anybody help me which are the pages shd I attach.I recently renewed my passport,hence do I need to attach all pages of my old passport too.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MR.SUB said:
Hi,

Please let me know whether I need to do self attestation in all pages of my ID proof and other documents that I am sending.

Secondly Biographical pages of passport-what it exactly means .Can anybody help me which are the pages shd I attach.I recently renewed my passport,hence do I need to attach all pages of my old passport too.
Only photocopies.

Here is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.
Translations may be done by a person who is fluent in both languages (English or French and the unofficial language). If the translation is not provided by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, the translation must be accompanied by an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator.

The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:

In Canada:

a notary public
a commissioner of oaths
a commissioner of taking affidavits
Authority to certify varies by province and territory. Consult your local provincial or territorial authorities.

Outside of Canada:

a notary public
Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.

Important information: Translations must not be done by the applicants themselves nor by members of the applicant’s family. Family member is defined as being a: parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, common-law partner, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a person authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit.

About biographical pages:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

3. Biographical page of passport(s)/travel document(s)

The biographical page means the page that has your name, photo, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the six (6) year period immediately before the date of your application, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent.

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

Note: If there are any gaps in time between validity periods of your passports or travel documents during the past six (6) years, or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 6E.

Note: If the validity period of your passport was extended, include a photocopy of the page(s) containing the extension stamp(s).

Note: If any of these documents are not in your possession, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 6D.

Format: Clear and legible photocopy

Please read the whole guide and you will understand the information better.