+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Selecting the correct NOC ??? heLP

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
New to this group ! Can someone help me answer this question . I am working at an entertainment company providing entertainment services , My designation is marketing manager ( prior to this I was working as a category manager in another company which has a separate NOC ) , .

I am selecting NOC 0124 advertising , marketing and PR managers . In the lead statement for this NOC it is mentioned

“ Advertising, marketing and public relations managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial and e-business advertising, marketing and public relations. They are employed by commercial and industrial establishments, government departments, and advertising, marketing and public relations firms or consulting businesses”

Am I selecting the correct NOC ? Plz advise

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
New to this group ! Can someone help me answer this question . I am working at an entertainment company providing entertainment services , My designation is marketing manager ( prior to this I was working as a category manager in another company which has a separate NOC ) , .

I am selecting NOC 0124 advertising , marketing and PR managers . In the lead statement for this NOC it is mentioned

“ Advertising, marketing and public relations managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial and e-business advertising, marketing and public relations. They are employed by commercial and industrial establishments, government departments, and advertising, marketing and public relations firms or consulting businesses”

Am I selecting the correct NOC ? Plz advise
Please see the duties and responsibilities mentioned under this NOC and compare with your actual line of work.
Designation name doesn't really matter, your roles and duties should match with the selected NOC and have atleast 1 year of continuous work experience in same NOC.

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Please see the duties and responsibilities mentioned under this NOC and compare with your actual line of work.
Designation name doesn't really matter, your roles and duties should match with the selected NOC and have atleast 1 year of continuous work experience in same NOC.
It doesn’t really say much other than this on the website “
  • Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.“

I am currently doing most of it but not all ..

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
It doesn’t really say much other than this on the website “
  • Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.“

I am currently doing most of it but not all ..
Please scroll down and see main duties for this NOC

Main duties

Advertising, marketing, public relations and e-business managers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
  • Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
  • Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
  • E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.

fjaveed1

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Please scroll down and see main duties for this NOC

Main duties

Advertising, marketing, public relations and e-business managers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Advertising managers plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments that develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services.
  • Marketing managers establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments.
  • Public relations managers direct and evaluate establishments and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations.
  • E-business managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of Internet and Intranet sites to manage an organization's Internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
Fahad that’s fine but for me only the marketing manager portion is applicable .. isn’t that correct ? Because I am not involved in advertising or Pr

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Fahad that’s fine but for me only the marketing manager portion is applicable .. isn’t that correct ? Because I am not involved in advertising or Pr
Yeah for marketing manager if you perform 70-80% of the duties mentioned here, than you can select this NOC.