+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Selecting NOC 1111 - Advise needed please

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Hi folks,

I would need your valuable advise, especially from those who has accounts/finance background. Iam working as an Accountant and below are my duties and responsibilities. I plan to select NOC Code 1111 for Express Entry Application.

DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
 PREPARING TRAIL BALANCE, BALANCE SHEET AND PROFIT/LOSS STATEMENT ON MONTHLY, QUARTERLY AND YEARLY BASIS
 MONTHLY AND ANNUAL ACCOUNTS CLOSING
 HANDLING PETTY CASH, CASH AND BANKS
 PREPARING BANK RECONCILIATION STATEMENT
 HANDLING SUPPLIERS PAYMENTS (LOCAL/INTERNATIONAL)
 SCRUTINY SUPPLIER ACCOUNTS REGULARLY
 PREPARING INTER BRANCH RECONCILIATION
 COORDINATE IN ANNUAL BUDGET PREPARATION
 HANDLING INVENTORY
 MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION IN AUDIT PROCESS CARRIED OUT BY AUDIT TEAM
 ASSISTING IN PROCESSING PAYROLL
 ASSISTING IN FIXED ASSETS MANAGEMENT
 PREPARING MIS REPORTS
 REPORTING TO CHIEF ACCOUNTANT

Please advise if NOC Code 1111 is the closest match to above or you suggest any other Code.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Marty_

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
Passport Req..
05-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
LANDED..........
SaaZ77 said:
Hi folks,

I would need your valuable advise, especially from those who has accounts/finance background. Iam working as an Accountant and below are my duties and responsibilities. I plan to select NOC Code 1111 for Express Entry Application.

 PREPARING TRAIL BALANCE, BALANCE SHEET AND PROFIT/LOSS STATEMENT ON MONTHLY, QUARTERLY AND YEARLY BASIS
 HANDLING INVENTORY
 PREPARING MIS REPORTS

Please advise if NOC Code 1111 is the closest match to above or you suggest any other Code.

Hi, you're NOC should match the opening statement of the NOC "Accountants plan, organize and administer accounting systems for individuals and establishments" and at least 60-70% of the job duties.

Also check out this NOC 1311 Accounting technicians and bookkeepers. Do you also do the taxation of the company?

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1311&ver=16&val65=1111

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks good from 1111 perspective

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Thanks for the response, however, you can see Iam covering more responsibilities than mentioned in the NOC website as an accountant.

No, I don't involve in corporate taxation.

Secondly, I think 1311 is a Junior level position with no requirement of University degree under education requirement. On the other hand, I have university degree in commerce and nearly 4 years of experience as an accountant. Do you still suggest I choose 1311 ?

Thanks,

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
SaaZ77 said:
Hi folks,

 HANDLING INVENTORY
 PREPARING MIS REPORTS

This looks closest to NOC 1111.
Couple of suggestions
1) Under Handling Inventory- You can expand on that point further by mentioning what you do specifically. under NOC it states 'Examines Financial Accounts'. So if you are preparing count sheets or explaining variances in inventory then you can mention that.
2) Under Coordination of Audit process- You can expand on that as well mentioning they types of audit testing you do or the types of audit reports you prepare.
Sounding too generic can be a slight risk. Expanding on the points you have mentioned can only be an advantage

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Guys i also needed help in the roles & duties part. Im opting for NOC 1111 and mentioning the following :-

• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions.
• Produce accounting reports and financial statements.
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
• Provide technical support and advice to management.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
• Participate in financial standards setting and implementation.
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
• Plan, assign and review junior staff’s work.
• Support month end and year end closure of accounts.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• SAGE accounting software set up and accounts classification.
• Supervise daily accounts receivable & payable functions.

will this be ok?

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
folks,

what is the difference between 0111 and 1111?

Spatz81

Apr 6, 2017
Hello I am in a bit of serious dillema here; my Job function is as followed, i have received ITA and i am little torn between NOC 1111 and 1311. I chose NOC 1111 pre ITA. please advice on which is more appropriate... I am an accountant ;

• Accounting for Cash Calls paid by Deepwater Ventures’ partners
• Preparation of periodic cash call and expenditure reports’ reconciliation based on accounting performance records
• Reconciliation of Partners’ current accounts between Deepwater venture’ budget department and the system (SAP)
• Reviewing the cutback process from a Cost Trial Balance (CTB) perspective to determine the accuracy and completeness of Partners’ share
• Liaising with auditors during partners’ audit of Deepwater ventures
• Ensuring compliance with relevant SOX control procedures and completion of all necessary SOX documentation
• Liaising with the Deepwater budget department in identifying the proper billable cost objects for running the Parent Company Overhead (PCO) process
• Monthly reconciliation of PCO position with the expectation in lines with the Joint Operations Agreement
• Ensuring the correctness of the recovery indicators an the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements
• Verifying allocated costs to Deepwater WBS before payment is made

chelseafc99

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Spatz81 said:
Hello I am in a bit of serious dillema here; my Job function is as followed, i have received ITA and i am little torn between NOC 1111 and 1311. I chose NOC 1111 pre ITA. please advice on which is more appropriate... I am an accountant ;

• Accounting for Cash Calls paid by Deepwater Ventures’ partners
• Preparation of periodic cash call and expenditure reports’ reconciliation based on accounting performance records
• Reconciliation of Partners’ current accounts between Deepwater venture’ budget department and the system (SAP)
• Reviewing the cutback process from a Cost Trial Balance (CTB) perspective to determine the accuracy and completeness of Partners’ share
• Liaising with auditors during partners’ audit of Deepwater ventures
• Ensuring compliance with relevant SOX control procedures and completion of all necessary SOX documentation
• Liaising with the Deepwater budget department in identifying the proper billable cost objects for running the Parent Company Overhead (PCO) process
• Monthly reconciliation of PCO position with the expectation in lines with the Joint Operations Agreement
• Ensuring the correctness of the recovery indicators an the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements
• Verifying allocated costs to Deepwater WBS before payment is made
Your duties are closely aligned with 1111. You chose the correct NOC in my opinion. You are not a bookkeeper by any means..more of audit compliance and cost functionality.

Spatz81

Apr 6, 2017
chelseafc99 said:
Your duties are closely aligned with 1111. You chose the correct NOC in my opinion. You are not a bookkeeper by any means..more of audit compliance and cost functionality.

Thanks for your input, appreciated.

skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
hi, is CA articleship counted as relevant experience under NOC 1111? any successful applicants here? please help me out!

Reactions: SPragati

SPragati

Jun 17, 2018
Anyone can reply I am confused about the same thing if anyone can help ?

hi, is CA articleship counted as relevant experience under NOC 1111? any successful applicants here? please help me out!

skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Anyone can reply I am confused about the same thing if anyone can help ?

Yes, it is counted as relevant experience under NOC 1111. I used my articleship experience of 3 years for applying.