+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Selected for LMIA audit - should I be worried?

jones89

Feb 6, 2015
My company has been randomly chosen (as advised by Service Canada agent) for an audit, I'm the only TFW in the office. We have submitted required paper work including my payroll, working hours, company's registration number, tax account, my job description etc.

Today they called us and want to talk to my boss about the submitted paperwork assesment. Should I be worried?

mickey21

Aug 14, 2015
i am also worried about an audit and so is my boss. he has treated us great through the years and have help all of his tfw become perment residents. he wants to help his remaining tfws but is worried if he applies for new LMIA it will effect the papers of the other tfws that are being process now. what can he do:(

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
jones89 said:
My company has been randomly chosen (as advised by Service Canada agent) for an audit, I'm the only TFW in the office. We have submitted required paper work including my payroll, working hours, company's registration number, tax account, my job description etc.

Today they called us and want to talk to my boss about the submitted paperwork assesment. Should I be worried?
In theory you shouldn't need to be worried about an audit if neither you nor your company have tried to fiddle the system. However it appears anecdotally that CIC are getting a lot stricter on whether or not Canadians are available to do jobs done by TFW's and whether or not companies have genuinely tried to hire a Canadian. If you don't mind me asking what is your field of work and general area of residence?