+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking room for rent in Vancouver below 850 CAD

crimsonquill

May 25, 2022
Hi!

I'm an incoming Master's student and I'm seeking a room in a shared accommodation in Vancouver. Non smoker, and not traveling with pets. My budget is 850 CAD with utilities. I prefer an all female household, but coed housing is fine as well.

Please let me know if anyone on this thread has leads!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!

I'm an incoming Master's student and I'm seeking a room in a shared accommodation in Vancouver. Non smoker, and not traveling with pets. My budget is 850 CAD with utilities. I prefer an all female household, but coed housing is fine as well.

That’s going to be tough,

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Agree that's a very tight budget for Vancouver.
OP may find something that's not in City of Vancouver... but may be in surrounding cities... and that will require cost and time to commute

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You may be able to find a room to rent at your budget level in exchange for some light maintenance like raking the leaves, mowing the grass, taking out the trash, snow removal if it snows that year etc. Some landlords are willing to give a tenant credit again their rent for these types of chores. If renting a room in a home from someone who may be elderly or disabled that can be part of the arrangement.

rabbit12333

Oct 3, 2020
Hi!

Why not seeking a needle in the sea? could be easier for sure.