+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Information about Traveling back to home land after getting approved H/C and received PR.

Kissco4u

Apr 29, 2023
Dear All Members,

I would like to take an oppertunty here any want to ask and seek answer to my concern are as follow.

1. I Came as refugee with my family and applied asylum, but my claimed was denied at all the stages.

2. I submitted the H/C application which was approved recently and also i got my PR card for whole family.

My Concern:

A.. I want to travel back to my home country, can i travel and come back without any issue?

B. Dose it effect or i face any consequences latter, when i apply for citizenship?

Please advised.

Note:- Remember i was came as refugee but i got approved on H/C basis.

Kind Regards

Kissco

Bryanpaz

Star Member
Mar 3, 2023
If you were already a refugee how come you applied for asylum ?

If you were just a refugee claimant and it was denied, your PR was received through H/C not through refugee , that means you were never a protected person so you can’t lose a status you never had.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Dear All Members,

I would like to take an oppertunty here any want to ask and seek answer to my concern are as follow.

1. I Came as refugee with my family and applied asylum, but my claimed was denied at all the stages.

2. I submitted the H/C application which was approved recently and also i got my PR card for whole family.

My Concern:

A.. I want to travel back to my home country, can i travel and come back without any issue?

B. Dose it effect or i face any consequences latter, when i apply for citizenship?

Please advised.

Kind Regards

Kissco
All good, you can go and come back...

Reactions: scylla

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear All Members,

My Concern:

Please advised.

Kind Regards

Kissco
Yes you can legally go visit your home country. Doesn’t mean that you may not receive some pushback about the viability of your original claims that allowed you to eventually apply for H&C since you had been in the country for a long trying to secure asylum. The optics are not great.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes you can legally go visit your home country. Doesn’t mean that you may not receive some pushback about the viability of your original claims that allowed you to eventually apply for H&C since you had been in the country for a long trying to secure asylum. The optics are not great.
What optics or push back you are talking about?

Reactions: scylla