+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Help For College Selection

anmols52

Oct 15, 2019
Hey guys
I've received an offer letter for Project Management from Cambrian and Georgian for the Jan Intake and from Conestoga for same course for May intake. Which one is better according to you guys?
Considering the fact that i've already paid the 1500CAD seat reservation fee for Conestoga.
I'm looking for a college with good reputation amidst employers and a college with good international exposure.

Please suggest some insights :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but a project management course in itself is a pretty generic/standard course so not sure the course itself is going to be a major employment factor regardless which college without anything else employers are looking for..

Without looking in detail at the prospectus PM courses often come with a practical work placement although these often rely on the participant finding the placement, not always successfully..

For PMs on completion of a course then adding in a PM certification can be useful to add to a resume although as with any employment lack of Canadian work experience is always a challenge to overcome.

PM and Business Management courses tend to be looked at by some people as just as an option to get a PGWP, whether they improve chances or open doors for employment difficult to say.

anmols52

Oct 15, 2019
Others can comment as well but a project management course in itself is a pretty generic/standard course so not sure the course itself is going to be a major employment factor regardless which college without anything else employers are looking for..

Without looking in detail at the prospectus PM courses often come with a practical work placement although these often rely on the participant finding the placement, not always successfully..

For PMs on completion of a course then adding in a PM certification can be useful to add to a resume although as with any employment lack of Canadian work experience is always a challenge to overcome.

PM and Business Management courses tend to be looked at by some people as just as an option to get a PGWP, whether they improve chances or open doors for employment difficult to say.

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it :)

I'm planning to take the CAPM certification exam while i pursue my program. Also, since i'm a civil engineer by background, i intend to take up another certificate program, either Supply chain management or construction management.

Any suggestions or insights?