+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking guidance on 'passport request' email !!

Oct 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

I submitted an application for my mom and dad to visit me and i recieved a request letter asking for passport and its copies:

Below is the exact reply in the letter:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

xxxxxxx(application number) - xxxxxxxx (applicants name):

- Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document - Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document
- A photocopy of the information page of your valid passport or travel document which includes:
- The passport number
- The issuance and expiry dates
- Your photo - Name - Date and place of birth This must be received at this office by: 2020/03/15

I see that the section in the online application page to upload a passport copy is now reads "replacement needed" - which means i can upload a new passport copy there but ITS UNCLEAR WHY I WAS ASKED TO PROVIDE THE PASSPORT AS WELL (first point in the ask above).

Can anyone provide any insights / guidance or had a similar experience ?

Thank you in advance,
Ginnie

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi everyone,

I submitted an application for my mom and dad to visit me and i recieved a request letter asking for passport and its copies:

Below is the exact reply in the letter:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

xxxxxxx(application number) - xxxxxxxx (applicants name):

- Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document - Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document
- A photocopy of the information page of your valid passport or travel document which includes:
- The passport number
- The issuance and expiry dates
- Your photo - Name - Date and place of birth This must be received at this office by: 2020/03/15

I see that the section in the online application page to upload a passport copy is now reads "replacement needed" - which means i can upload a new passport copy there but ITS UNCLEAR WHY I WAS ASKED TO PROVIDE THE PASSPORT AS WELL (first point in the ask above).

Can anyone provide any insights / guidance or had a similar experience ?

Thank you in advance,
Ginnie
Wouldn't they need the passport to stamp visa in it? Usually when they ask for the physical passport that means its approved.

Oct 2, 2016
that's exactly what I thought but nowhere have they given any direction / instructions of where to send the original passport. in addition, the line says 'to continue processing your application' instead of 'decision has been made' which makes me doubt if they actually even need the original passport..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
that's exactly what I thought but nowhere have they given any direction / instructions of where to send the original passport. in addition, the line says 'to continue processing your application' instead of 'decision has been made' which makes me doubt if they actually even need the original passport..
When do their passports expire? You sure you uploaded their current valid passports?
Might also be a glitch or mistake. Wouldn’t hurt to do as requested in the meantime.