+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Guidance for Immigration to Canada: Afghan Girl Looking for a Fresh Start

sweetafaizi

Jan 21, 2024
In my situation, I am an Afghan girl who had to leave my home country due to oppressive traditions and the threat of forced marriage. Currently residing in Iran, I am determined to pursue a new life in Canada, but I am uncertain about the immigration process and where to begin. I am seeking advice and guidance on how to navigate this journey to Canada for a better future.

amanofadam

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
In my situation, I am an Afghan girl who had to leave my home country due to oppressive traditions and the threat of forced marriage. Currently residing in Iran, I am determined to pursue a new life in Canada, but I am uncertain about the immigration process and where to begin. I am seeking advice and guidance on how to navigate this journey to Canada for a better future.
Are you registered with the UNHCR as refugee, if so you can just keep living in Iran until you get resettlement but sadly it will take years, but if you have relatives or Freinds in Canada who can sponsor you things maybe be easier?

sweetafaizi

Jan 21, 2024
Are you registered with the UNHCR as refugee, if so you can just keep living in Iran until you get resettlement but sadly it will take years, but if you have relatives or Freinds in Canada who can sponsor you things maybe be easier?
but unfortunately i didn't register with UNHCR nor have any friends for sponsor

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In that case the only option for claiming asylum in Canada would be to obtain a TRV (tourist visa) to Canada, fly to Canada, and then claim asylum once you arrive here. It will likely be very difficult for you to get an approved TRV but you can try.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add to my post above, the other option you can consider is Canada's economic immigration streams. However these require you to have at least one year of work experience (generally more to be selected) in a skilled occupation, completed education (generally you need at least a Master's these days to score enough points if you are applying from outside of Canada), language test results (more points and a higher change of being selected if you take both the English and French language tests), and evidence that you have the money required to support yourself in settling in Canada. The main program is the Express Entry program which is a points based program (those with the most points are selected, right now you would want to be scoring 500+ to have a good chance of being selected). You can read more about this program here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

sweetafaizi

Jan 21, 2024
In that case the only option for claiming asylum in Canada would be to obtain a TRV (tourist visa) to Canada, fly to Canada, and then claim asylum once you arrive here. It will likely be very difficult for you to get an approved TRV but you can try.
sure, Thanks for your guidance

sweetafaizi

Jan 21, 2024
Just to add to my post above, the other option you can consider is Canada's economic immigration streams. However these require you to have at least one year of work experience (generally more to be selected) in a skilled occupation, completed education (generally you need at least a Master's these days to score enough points if you are applying from outside of Canada), language test results (more points and a higher change of being selected if you take both the English and French language tests), and evidence that you have the money required to support yourself in settling in Canada. The main program is the Express Entry program which is a points based program (those with the most points are selected, right now you would want to be scoring 500+ to have a good chance of being selected). You can read more about this program here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html
As I navigate through various stages, I increasingly recognize that I may not meet the eligibility criteria for every program. For instance, I lack TOEFL or IELTS scores, financial resources, and a supporting friend or family member to sponsor me. Anyway, you are very kind, thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
As I navigate through various stages, I increasingly recognize that I may not meet the eligibility criteria for every program. For instance, I lack TOEFL or IELTS scores, financial resources, and a supporting friend or family member to sponsor me. Anyway, you are very kind, thank you
Maybe these are things you can work on over the next few years (i.e., the IELTS scores, financial resources) and immigrating to Canada may be possible for you sometime in the future. Good luck.

Reactions: hotminaj