+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Guidance: Extending Work Permit and PR Points Query

Jul 18, 2023
Hello fellow forum members,

I hope this message finds you all well. I was wondering about a situation and I'm seeking information and advice regarding the extension of a work permit and the associated circumstances. I would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences you can share on this matter.

1. Can I Extend My Work Permit?
I'm curious to know if it's possible to extend a work permit and what the general process might entail. Are there specific conditions or eligibility criteria that need to be met for such an extension?

2. Under What Circumstances Can I Extend My Work Permit?
I am also keen to understand the various circumstances under which one can extend their work permit. Are there certain scenarios that are more likely to result in a successful extension? Any advice or examples from your own experiences would be incredibly valuable.

3. PR Points
Here's a hypothetical scenario: Suppose I do not meet the necessary PR points based on my work. What options might be available to me in such a situation? Has anyone faced a similar challenge or know of someone who has? Any guidance on potential courses of action would be greatly appreciated.

I understand that immigration and work permit rules can vary based on different provinces and regions, so please feel free to share your insights regardless of your location. Your contributions could potentially help not only me but also others who might find themselves in similar situations.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post, and I'm looking forward to any advice, stories, or information you can provide.

Best regards,
Monarch Maisuriya