+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking asylum, I need help

Nadmad

Jun 7, 2018
I’m 23 girl who lives in Saudi Arabia ( I’ve no permanent stay there or any privilege ) and Im facing threats to be killed because my family having doubts of me not following Islam as they do. As well they think I dishonored them because I went out with a guy.

I’m considered as a stateless person. I’m Palestinian and I hold a traveling document issued from Jordan ( not a nationality )

Since leaving Saudi is difficult under the Saudi government rules, I’m heading to Stockholm under my brothers guidance and control as well his threats to pursue my masters. but I’m thinking about seeking asylum in Canada since my brother works in Sweden and it’s going to be hard to seek asylum there.

Is it possible to discuss this matter at the Canadian embassy in Stockholm and be able to grant a refugee status in Canada from Sweden? Please help me with this

Last edited:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I’m 23 girl who lives in Saudi Arabia ( I’ve no permanent stay there or any privilege ) and Im facing threats to be killed because my family having doubts of me not following Islam as they do. As well they think I dishonored them because I went out with a guy.

I’m considered as a stateless person. I’m Palestinian and I hold a traveling document issued from Jordan ( not a nationality )

Since leaving Saudi is difficult under the Saudi government rules, I’m heading to Stockholm under my brothers guidance and control as well his threats to pursue my masters. but I’m thinking about seeking asylum in Canada since my brother works in Sweden and it’s going to be hard to seek asylum there.

Is it possible to discuss this matter at the Canadian embassy in Stockholm and be able to grant a refugee status in Canada from Sweden? Please help me with this
In a word, no. That is not possible. You will either have to register with UNHCR as a refugee or claim asylum when(if) you arrive in Canada. Getting to Canada is your responsibility.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

No, it's not possible. You will be expected to claim asylum at the first "safe" country you arrive which will be Sweden.

In order to target Canada specifically to claim asylum, you would first need to apply for and be granted a TRV to visit Canada, and then you can claim asylum only when you arrive here at the airport. In your situation though the chance of a TRV being approved is incredibly small.