+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking asylum from Saudi

Noraaa

Mar 20, 2020
I am a 17 year old girl, soon to be 18.
I’ve lived in a family of abuse and oppression for all my life, my father is an alcoholic and my mother leaves for most of every year, my parents divorced when i was 10 and i thought that was the end of the abuse since i wouldn’t live with my father, but my mother would leave us for months and my father took custody.
I’m an atheist, and my father finding that out almost killed me, i’ve called the cops so many times thinking it would help, but the police in my country aren’t the fastest and he would come home after i file a case and i’d get beat till i decide to drop the case. one day my drunken father will kill me, he’s had a personal vendetta against me for years because i always side with my mother. And given that i’m an atheist and bisexual he has more reason to kill me to keep the family “clear of rumours”, I need to run away but i’m scared that if i manage to reach canadian borders i’ll be rejected, and if i get sent back i’m dead.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a 17 year old girl, soon to be 18.
I’ve lived in a family of abuse and oppression for all my life, my father is an alcoholic and my mother leaves for most of every year, my parents divorced when i was 10 and i thought that was the end of the abuse since i wouldn’t live with my father, but my mother would leave us for months and my father took custody.
I’m an atheist, and my father finding that out almost killed me, i’ve called the cops so many times thinking it would help, but the police in my country aren’t the fastest and he would come home after i file a case and i’d get beat till i decide to drop the case. one day my drunken father will kill me, he’s had a personal vendetta against me for years because i always side with my mother. And given that i’m an atheist and bisexual he has more reason to kill me to keep the family “clear of rumours”, I need to run away but i’m scared that if i manage to reach canadian borders i’ll be rejected, and if i get sent back i’m dead.
Getting to Canada to claim asylum will be difficult. That will be your main challenge.

First of all, there is a travel ban right now and you won't be permitted to travel to Canada.

Once the travel ban is lifted, you will need to obtain a TRV in order to come to Canada. To get a TRV approved, you will need to submit your passport and also provide proof that you ahve strong ties to Saudi and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You will also have to show that you have enough funds to pay for your trip to Canada. It will be difficult to get a TRV approved given your age and the fact you'll have very few ties to Saudi.

Do you have your passport? Are you going to be able to apply for a TRV, including showing a bank account statement to prove you will be able to pay for your trip to Canada? What ties to Saudi are you planning on showing to prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term? I think this is going to be challenging to do unfortunately.