+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Asylum, can we apply from outside?

Madhoun

Sep 3, 2020
greetings,

i hope everyone is doing well
i'm a Palestinian (Palestinian passport holder) but was born and lived my whole life in "xAx" (i prefer not to mention the country name for now for my safety).
we are a family of 5.
problem is from time to time they tend to deport Palestinians for no reason just because of the nationality. and now they are asking us to leave everything and leave in couple of weeks and we have no where to go. we are being treated very badly and pushed to leave as soon as possible while not having any option to live elsewhere. we've been living without an income for 9 months because of this inhuman act (as we should left earlier but the pandemic gave us more time as the lockdown happened). and i stopped my studies (masters) and my sisters had to stop her phD studies, and our careers are over here as we can't do anything the country as they are putting pressure on us to leave in any way possible

can we apply for asylum in Canada while we are here
is there anything can be done for us to be saved. we did nothing wrong. its just because of our nationality.

i hope someone have the solution as we are choking slowly.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There are 3 options for you to obtain refugee status in Canada:
1) Register with the UN as a refugee outside your country and hope that Canada accepts you as such for resettlement
2) Be sponsored by a group of 5 residents of Canada as a refugee
3) Claim asylum in Canada

There are no options for you to make a claim outside of Canada directly.