+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking advise - leaving Canada after oath

yeezee

Aug 23, 2019
So I have decided that I will stay in Canada for sometime until I get my certificate.
Just a question, I saw on the PDF for the Oath invitation ask to have a specific subject line with a case number and name.

did you put anything like, “Urgent Request “ or anything in the subject line or just mentioned the situation in the body of the email?
My subject was:
"Oath Form for C0099999999, LASTNAME, expedite request"

Reactions: Fae7 and vir03

yeezee

Aug 23, 2019
Did you update your residence address to a US address? If yes, did that invite any specific questions or queries from CIC?
They asked and updated my current address during citizenship test (I took the test in the US, with their permission, remotely), and that was my US address.

Later they did asked me again and again, even before ceremony I got an email about my canadian address, they mentioned won't ship to the US

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
They asked and updated my current address during citizenship test (I took the test in the US, with their permission, remotely), and that was my US address.

Later they did asked me again and again, even before ceremony I got an email about my canadian address, they mentioned won't ship to the US
That’s interesting. I never got any email about my Canadian address. I can see from the ECAS that my address on file is from USA. Anyways, I would be ok with them mailing my Certificate to the Canadian mailing address mentioned in the original application.

kenjia01

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah just received my certificate minutes ago via purolator. It was shipped one day after my case is closed.

So they did approve my expedite request but just did not reply the email.

Time line in business days:
Day 1: oath, and tracker shows oath completed
Day 2: tracker shows cased closed
Day 3: mailed out by purolator (same province)
Day 4: waiting
Day 5: received the certificate
Super helpful info! Did they send you the purolator tracking number once it's shipped on day 3? I may be in the same situation soon and am trying to figure out my travel plans :)

Reactions: anumantra

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
I just sent them my employment verification letter, in the letter my company states my job start date and job location somewhere in the US. In the email I explained my situation (I just joined the company, I am using up my paid leave etc., needs to travel) and thanked them for the support.
Thank you for this. Appreciate your support.
I received my certificate within 46 hrs. after oath. They are very understandable and considerate of your request to send it urgently.