August 2, 2012

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SouldSurvivor said:
Good Morning everyone,

I hope you are having a great day today!

I have a few questions. Any help will be highly appreciated.

I'm a Canadian citizen and recently married to a Pakistani man living in the states illegally. He entered legally and went to school then later got married and marriage did not work out. He skipped university as he was trying very hard to make his marriage work and decided to go back after a year or so.

He did apply for green card and Immigration asked him for more paperwork but he did not want to go through all that because the marriage did not work out and they got separated after he caught her cheating after a month or so. SO ** Yes he is in deportation process **

Now here is the thing i am married to him for over a year now i love him to death and i'm pregnant and he wants me to go back to Canada so he is sure i will be around my mother and my family members ( He thinks it is good for our child ).

I have been living in the USA for the past 5 months and not working. I never worked in Canada either and have a daughter from my previous marriage ( No sponsorship though).

Can i apply for him in the USA or within Canada without working? I prefer living with him and applying for him. He is somehow trying his best to go back to school to finish up his computer science engineering and then apply for Canada under skilled but i really can not go back and forth and be without him and see him in this hardship. If you can guide us what we should do please.

Any help from you guys is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

God bless you all and help you with whatever you are trying to achieve.

Sarah.
It seems he will be deported before your sponsorship application gets finalized because he is from pakistan and because there are so many things to sort out by the Visa office.

My thought is, you could make things easier by applying for him from Canada when he is in Pakistan. That way, you don't have to prove income that rigidly and also his paperwork will be easier to complete then if he were in USA. He can't go to US even after he comes to Canada as a PR (at least not in the immidiate future). Since you say you love him, you are not going to live without him in the US, right? So, you have to think about making it in Canada yourself and for him.

Good Luck

forumnick

Jul 13, 2012
Go ahead and apply from the USA. From personal experience I know of close friends who were "out of status" in the USA and had no issues with applying to immigrate to Canada.

The issues that will arise are: 1/ did he enter USA legally ... .Answer is Yes. 2/ will he contribute positively to Canadian society .... given he has a work history in the USA (?) , Answer is Yes. 3/ You should provide letters from your family stating both of you can stay with them while he looks for a job in Canada 4/ He should actively seek for a job in Canada while he is in the USA, if he succeeds he'll get a LMO and then you both dont have to worry as he can move to Canada for the job. Tell him to try for a Job in Northern Canada in places like Ft. McMurray, they're paying people $18/hr to pour coffee.

If he is under deportation orders, he should file paperwork to fight the deportation order from the USA so he can stay longer inside the USA and his application is processed faster in Buffalo. In case they call him for interview, and he leaves the USA, his application will be delayed.

Since you have a special situtaion I highly recommend you both spend the money and have a reputable canadian immigration lawyer knowledgable in US law persoanlly assist your application as he/she will possibly guide you best than anyone in this forum. Whatever the price, it will be money well spent.

When it comes time to "Land", travel by car through a western border. The Eastern border Canadian officers are not very nice and cause problems. You should travel to Canada and then return to the USA so you don't overstay.

All the best.

tazo

Oct 22, 2013
I have a same problem i entered usa legally but later on it got all messed up, now i am married to canadian citizen and the case is in the cpc Ottawa, i am still residing in the USA but with no status, what will happen in my case ? please help

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
You will still get approved with no problems unless you have a police record.

nafr1

Dec 2, 2015
Hello canadiangirl78 ,

Can I PM you please? I have some questions and by reading your previous posts, I think you might be able to answer that. I would be really very thankful.

MateoGuy

Apr 17, 2017
canadiangirl78 said:
You can sponsor him. Canada doesn't care that he's illegal in the US. they will process his visa in Pakistan. Nothing will get him deported from the US. I know this because my husband is undocumented in the US since he was a child. Private message me with any questions.
Hi Canadiangirl78,
How can I PM you? I would like to ask you a couple of questions if you don;t mind, please.
Thanks