+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security Screening Timeline for TRV (Study Permit)

shuruiliu

Aug 30, 2022
Hi guys, has anyone been in security screening (csis & cbsa) for study permit? How long did it take from your experience?

It seems very likely I have been chosen for SS. Incoming Master's student for Information Studies applying from China. No government jobs or military service. Travel history to the UK, Europe, and Indonesia. Studied in England.

I have deferred for a year to Fall 2023, but now I start to worry about not getting the study permit even by 2023. Does security screening for TR take as long as those for PR?

If you've been out of SS, please share your experience; if you're stuck on the same boat, also feel free to share your timeline.

My Timeline: [Application submitted] July 11, 2022; [Biometrics given] July 19, 2022; [review starts] July 19, 2022; [ADR for cv] August 18, 2022.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
I guess I am in the same boat. I lodged my file (on June 30, 2022. I had an upfront medical on May 17, 2022 which was sent to IRCC by IOM ON May 19, 2022.
After lodging the application the first medical update i had was on July 06, 2022. Then later on August 15, 2022 again medical updated. By the time the application was already under eligibility review till date.
I lodged a webform on September 29, 2022 at about 12:50 AM and I had the response same day in the morning stating ‘we are carrying out background investigations.’ Since that day till now no update. I requested ATIP notes again.
I am currently working as a Govt. Officer and fully funded by a Native scholarship from Home country for PhD and partially funded by my study advisor.
In the previous application the background was checked in ten days (as per previous GCMS notes).
Any update on ur profile ?

shuruiliu

Aug 30, 2022
I guess I am in the same boat. I lodged my file (on June 30, 2022. I had an upfront medical on May 17, 2022 which was sent to IRCC by IOM ON May 19, 2022.
After lodging the application the first medical update i had was on July 06, 2022. Then later on August 15, 2022 again medical updated. By the time the application was already under eligibility review till date.
I lodged a webform on September 29, 2022 at about 12:50 AM and I had the response same day in the morning stating ‘we are carrying out background investigations.’ Since that day till now no update. I requested ATIP notes again.
I am currently working as a Govt. Officer and fully funded by a Native scholarship from Home country for PhD and partially funded by my study advisor.
In the previous application the background was checked in ten days (as per previous GCMS notes).
Thanks for sharing. No update yet for me.

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
Hi guys, has anyone been in security screening (csis & cbsa) for study permit? How long did it take from your experience?

It seems very likely I have been chosen for SS. Incoming Master's student for Information Studies applying from China. No government jobs or military service. Travel history to the UK, Europe, and Indonesia. Studied in England.

I have deferred for a year to Fall 2023, but now I start to worry about not getting the study permit even by 2023. Does security screening for TR take as long as those for PR?

If you've been out of SS, please share your experience; if you're stuck on the same boat, also feel free to share your timeline.

My Timeline: [Application submitted] July 11, 2022; [Biometrics given] July 19, 2022; [review starts] July 19, 2022; [ADR for cv] August 18, 2022.
Any update on your profile?

duama

Nov 11, 2022

Did your ADR review started?

SaadAhmad1

Nov 29, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
UAE
Any update on your profile?

Mazba91

Jan 4, 2023
I am wondering to ask a question if you could answer it would be very helpful. My niece applied for student visa for January session, she still didn’t get any reply from cic. She checked in her my cic account and her application is in medical review stage. Please see the attached screenshot. When we submitted the application we didn’t provide medical examinations results. My question is does CIC will look for medical examinations from my niece? Or do we send before they ask? I would appreciate if you could answer. Thank you

EssKay1234

Oct 25, 2022
How to know that we are in the security screening stage
after medical or before
If your eligibility passed anand ur isnt arrived then u r in security screening. If you application hasn't had any result then u r in ss. The best way to confirm is by ordering GCMS notes