+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security: Not started

faraday68

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hi Team,

I had applied in October first week and till now the status for my case is RECOMMEND PASS.
But i see one section of security saying NOT STARTED
I am still waiting for my PPR request. Also i see S19(1) on the admissibility page.

Any guidance will be helpful.

Any idea how much more time is required as the Status bar for application is almost at the end and my 6 months will complete on 6th April.

knight17

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-02-2019
AOR Received.
23-02-2019
I think you got this information from your GCMS notes but you have not mentioned it. Is it 'Eligibility' that you've passed?

Sections like criminality and security usually takes the longest as that relies on information sharing with other countries on pertinent points. So you'll have to wait. What is your AOR?

S19 is related to privacy, here is the relevant point:

S19(1) of Access to Information Act:
  • 19 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains personal information as defined in section 3 of the Privacy Act.

knight17

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-02-2019
AOR Received.
23-02-2019
Here is what I got from another thread on S19:

In short:

s. 15(1): Means SECURITY information has been withheld from PA, then CIC has protected that info with s. 15
s. 19(1): Means PERSONAL information has been withheld from PA. This information might have come from an ongoing investigation CIC was undertaking. Such information could have come for different reasons such as:

1) Sponsor sponsored a previous spouse then 3 years after the spouse entered Canada Sponsor divorced PA or PA divorced SPR. Now Sponsor starts a new application for a new PA that he/she just married. If your Sponsor had a similar case every time you get your GCMS Notes s.19 will be there to protect personal information of the previous case.

2) CIC mistakenly wrote information of a different applicant in your file. Since they cannot delete that information, all they need to do is to block that information with s.19(1) so that you do read that.

3) Sponsor's Citizenship has enough ground to be revoked, s. 19(1) will protect that information from both PA or SPR.

I can go on and on... just to give you an idea what you asked.

Girish1983

Oct 5, 2017
Here is what I got from another thread on S19:

In short:

s. 15(1): Means SECURITY information has been withheld from PA, then CIC has protected that info with s. 15
s. 19(1): Means PERSONAL information has been withheld from PA. This information might have come from an ongoing investigation CIC was undertaking. Such information could have come for different reasons such as:

1) Sponsor sponsored a previous spouse then 3 years after the spouse entered Canada Sponsor divorced PA or PA divorced SPR. Now Sponsor starts a new application for a new PA that he/she just married. If your Sponsor had a similar case every time you get your GCMS Notes s.19 will be there to protect personal information of the previous case.

2) CIC mistakenly wrote information of a different applicant in your file. Since they cannot delete that information, all they need to do is to block that information with s.19(1) so that you do read that.

3) Sponsor's Citizenship has enough ground to be revoked, s. 19(1) will protect that information from both PA or SPR.

I can go on and on... just to give you an idea what you asked.
Thanks for the information..... My eligibility is recommend pass as well... Everything is passed but security....my aor date is 6th october