+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security Clearance

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
General question:
When I applied for PR, I had to submit a police certificate for a country (Uganda) in which I have volunteered for a year back in 2005. The process was quite tedious and stressful and I wonder if I would need to get another certificate in order to apply for citizenship. Note that I have nevern been back to that country since I left. I look for the answer in other places but couldn't find it. Any two cents would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I haven't seen anything about doing medicals again...is that not part of the citizen application process?

Thanks in advance

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
fenomenalb said:
General question:
When I applied for PR, I had to submit a police certificate for a country (Uganda) in which I have volunteered for a year back in 2005. The process was quite tedious and stressful and I wonder if I would need to get another certificate in order to apply for citizenship. Note that I have nevern been back to that country since I left. I look for the answer in other places but couldn't find it. Any two cents would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I haven't seen anything about doing medicals again...is that not part of the citizen application process?

Thanks in advance
When did you become PR? Did you ever live in any country for more than 6 months since you became PR?

No, medicals are not part of the citizenship process.

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
I became a PR in 2014. Never lived anywhere else. Thank you so much for your input, it's greatly appreciated.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
fenomenalb said:
I became a PR in 2014. Never lived anywhere else. Thank you so much for your input, it's greatly appreciated.
Here is the information for citizenship:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

9. Police certificate(s) (as required)

You are required to provide a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application.

Consult How to get a police certificate (police check) for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country.

Note: If you are unable to obtain a police certificate from any country, provide an explanation in the space provided in question 6 M on the application form.

Format: Original.