+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security Check stuck with CBSA for a year

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Is there anyone else here who's background security check has been with CBSA for over a year? Anyone we can contact or anything we can do? IRCC says it's out of their control when file is with a second party. I'm more than frustrated and have no resources other than MP, who is all honesty doesn't have the power to get answers.

Reactions: _V_K_

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is there anyone else here who's background security check has been with CBSA for over a year? Anyone we can contact or anything we can do? IRCC says it's out of their control when file is with a second party. I'm more than frustrated and have no resources other than MP, who is all honesty doesn't have the power to get answers.
You're not going to like my answer, but apart from asking your MP periodically, not much you can do. Order GCMS notes just in case (probably won't show much because security(.

Cuban nationals will tend to have harder security clearances. Files overall (outland) are now considered normal at up to 23 months.

Positive side: your spouse has a TRV and is with you in Canada - many don't. My guess is there's no serious security issue or he/she wouldn't have got the TRV. So cross your fingers and count your blessings. It will probably be finalized in due course.

[I don't mean this to be glib or skate over how annoying this is. Just, it could be worse.]

If you want, you could spend a lot of money on lawyers and carefully crafted atip requests. They probably won't do much.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
You're not going to like my answer, but apart from asking your MP periodically, not much you can do. Order GCMS notes just in case (probably won't show much because security(.

Cuban nationals will tend to have harder security clearances. Files overall (outland) are now considered normal at up to 23 months.

Positive side: your spouse has a TRV and is with you in Canada - many don't. My guess is there's no serious security issue or he/she wouldn't have got the TRV. So cross your fingers and count your blessings. It will probably be finalized in due course.

[I don't mean this to be glib or skate over how annoying this is. Just, it could be worse.]

If you want, you could spend a lot of money on lawyers and carefully crafted atip requests. They probably won't do much.
You're right lol don't like your answer, but I admit that I wasn't expecting anything new. Thanks, you made me smile

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

VIJAYMAGHNANI

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Many are stuck at Secuirty with cbsa with no answer from any part, including IRCC, MP or even minister

Don’t know what to do

_V_K_

Star Member
Feb 16, 2023

Yes, CBSA background check can be long and frustrating. And same here, the MP responded back to my request saying they have no control over the CBSA neither the CBSA has any timelines. Just waiting

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
how does one know if its stuck with CSBA? Both my parents have had canadian visas before, my parents now have valid US visas as well. However, my dad never visited canada due to some commitments back home, so the first Canadian visa went unused. We applied again for renewal and its stuck as they called "secondary clearance" or "security verification" from the Singapore office. What exactly is this secondary clearance?