+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security and Background checks after AIP

mazimax

Nov 10, 2009
Hi all

I would really appericiate if someone can help me here. I was sponsored by my wife(inland sponsorship)
in January 08, got approved on August 16th 09 and still waiting for so called security checks.They have recieved my medicals and I have already applied for health card.

Could someone tell me how long does it take for the security checks to finish. I have already provided my police clearence certificate from back home (India)

Thanks

Max

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
hello,
it can take from a month up to 6 months, no ona can say for sure

D

darumal

mazimax said:
Hi all

I would really appericiate if someone can help me here. I was sponsored by my wife(inland sponsorship)
in January 08, got approved on August 16th 09 and still waiting for so called security checks.They have recieved my medicals and I have already applied for health card.

Could someone tell me how long does it take for the security checks to finish. I have already provided my police clearence certificate from back home (India)

Thanks

Max
Hi there,

Your case is similar with mine. My application is at final stage and waiting for my background check. My application was submitted in April, 09 and got AIP in Sept.

You mentioned you get a medical card, can you tell me more about this? Can my partner add me to her company's medical plan even I am still not a PR yet? If yes, when will it be effective - 3 months after the medical application is submitted?

mazimax

Nov 10, 2009
I just went to one of the OHIP office with the letter of AIP and proof of address. It is going to come into affect from November 16th which is 3 months from AIP

I think that you can be added to your spouse benefit plan provided by the employer

let me know if there is any updates in your case

D

darumal

Oops, I live in vancouver, not Ontario. so, I'm not qualify to get the medical card until I get my PR status, I guess

wasted_year

Nov 19, 2009
We were in the same position. Sent in our application Jan 2009, they started processing Feb 2009, got AIP (first stage approval) in June 2009 and it took them til Nov 2009 to do background checks even though my lawyer (who lied thru his teeth) told us once we get AIP then its only a couple of weeks til the entire thing was done. HA!! We only just got the letter from CIC telling us its done and that we have an interview schedule for Jan 2010. It will have been over a year!!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
congratulations, wasted_year! finally you are done! :)

Girlash

Oct 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
wasted_year said:
We were in the same position. Sent in our application Jan 2009, they started processing Feb 2009, got AIP (first stage approval) in June 2009 and it took them til Nov 2009 to do background checks even though my lawyer (who lied thru his teeth) told us once we get AIP then its only a couple of weeks til the entire thing was done. HA!! We only just got the letter from CIC telling us its done and that we have an interview schedule for Jan 2010. It will have been over a year!!
Congratulations! I hope I get the AIP as quick as you did. I'm not too concerned with the background checks 'cause my records are clean. I just wanna get my OWP and work ASAP!