+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secret Security Clearance for Federal Government Job for Permanent Resident with less than 5 years in Canada

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Hello everyone,
I am a Permanent Resident in Canada from Sep 2019 and I have been selected for a Federal Government Job that requires a Secret Security Clearance. The job is with Transport Canada. The job had recently been opened to Permanent Residents and was only open to Citizens earlier. I have read on the internet that PR from US, UK, Aus & NZ are eligible for Secret Clearance due to the bilateral agreement with the Government of Canada.

My question is that since I do not have 5 years in Canada, would I be eligible for the Secret Clearance and also I have served in the Indian Army before I came to Canada and have moved almost every two years within India due to my work requirement.

In case I am eligible, then how long would it take to get this clearance. The hiring managers at Transport Canada do not know the process themselves as they have not come across such a case earlier.

Anyone in a similar situation or with the above information kindly help.
Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello everyone,
I am a Permanent Resident in Canada from Sep 2019 and I have been selected for a Federal Government Job that requires a Secret Security Clearance. The job is with Transport Canada. The job had recently been opened to Permanent Residents and was only open to Citizens earlier. I have read on the internet that PR from US, UK, Aus & NZ are eligible for Secret Clearance due to the bilateral agreement with the Government of Canada.

My question is that since I do not have 5 years in Canada, would I be eligible for the Secret Clearance and also I have served in the Indian Army before I came to Canada and have moved almost every two years within India due to my work requirement.

In case I am eligible, then how long would it take to get this clearance. The hiring managers at Transport Canada do not know the process themselves as they have not come across such a case earlier.

Anyone in a similar situation or with the above information kindly help.
Thank you.
1. The HR Managers should be contacting CSIS who will make the determination if you would be eligible. They should know this, that is their job.

apache5021

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississgua
App. Filed.......
04 Jun 2018
AOR Received.
18-07-2018
IELTS Request
N/A
Thank you for your response @PMM, I guess its a wait out game and time will make things clearer.