+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary Review Timeline - Outland Spouse Sponsorship

sahiMay25

Nov 10, 2021
Hi All,
Does anyone know how much time it takes for secondary review on Sponsor eligibility for Outland Spouse Sponsorship??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,
Does anyone know how much time it takes for secondary review on Sponsor eligibility for Outland Spouse Sponsorship??
Unfortunately there's really no answer to that question and no fixed time. It will depend on a number of factors such as the reason why the secondary review is required and the volume of files. Unfortunately this does mean that your application is now non-standard. This means you should be expecting end to end processing for your application to take longer than average / longer than the posted processing time.

If you're not sure why your file went to secondary or want to see if there are additional details, order GCMS notes (maybe you've done that already).

Good luck. Hopefully you get a fast decision.

Reactions: sahiMay25

sahiMay25

Nov 10, 2021
Unfortunately there's really no answer to that question and no fixed time. It will depend on a number of factors such as the reason why the secondary review is required and the volume of files. Unfortunately this does mean that your application is now non-standard. This means you should be expecting end to end processing for your application to take longer than average / longer than the posted processing time.

If you're not sure why your file went to secondary or want to see if there are additional details, order GCMS notes (maybe you've done that already).

Good luck. Hopefully you get a fast decision.
Thanks for the reply, yes I have ordered GCMS notes but it's taking forever.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the reply, yes I have ordered GCMS notes but it's taking forever.
Yes, unfortunately they are taking around 90 days right now from what I hear. Good luck.

Reactions: sahiMay25

sahiMay25

Nov 10, 2021
Yes, unfortunately they are taking around 90 days right now from what I hear. Good luck.
Hi, I have received GCMS notes and it says "Sponsor eligibility: referred for secondary review" and I am sure it is because I was outside Canada when my lawyer filed the application.

I am considering the option to withdraw and apply again. But, want guidance on that if you or anyone else can help, will there be any side effect on my new application because I withdrew the previous application, and do I have to wait for approval from IRCC that file is withdrawn before sending a new application.

Do you know how much time it takes to get the approval for withdrawal?

raul0002

Sep 19, 2017
Hi, I have received GCMS notes and it says "Sponsor eligibility: referred for secondary review" and I am sure it is because I was outside Canada when my lawyer filed the application.

I am considering the option to withdraw and apply again. But, want guidance on that if you or anyone else can help, will there be any side effect on my new application because I withdrew the previous application, and do I have to wait for approval from IRCC that file is withdrawn before sending a new application.

When did you apply to Sponsor and what steps you took? I'm in the same situation and I applied when I was not in Canada

Anish19a

Jul 25, 2022

Hi any update on your file with secondary review?

Anish19a

Jul 25, 2022
In the same situation - but not sure how long this will take - how long did yours take and what was the reason any idea please

Anish19a

Jul 25, 2022
I think the reason for me could possibly because I has another application that I withdrew just few weeks ago however they call center confirmed the old application is withdrawn. It shows in the tracker as well - not sure though if any other reason

sahiMay25

Nov 10, 2021
In the same situation - but not sure how long this will take - how long did yours take and what was the reason any idea please
The sponsor was outside Canada when applied that was the reason for secondary review. It took almost a year after AOR to get sponsor approval, medical and biometrics.

Reactions: armoured

3svin

Aug 5, 2022
Does anyone know that timeline for Outland Spousal Application. I just recently received a PRe Arrival Services Email/Message on the portal and on teh tracker it shows Eglibility, Biometrics, Medical and everything COMPLETE