+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary clearance in study permit

Ofelia77

Jan 29, 2022
Hello,
Can anybody tell me about the probable processing time of secondary clearance? My study permit application got stuck in secondary clearance since 5 months now. Is there anyone who can help me with the information?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
Can anybody tell me about the probable processing time of secondary clearance? My study permit application got stuck in secondary clearance since 5 months now. Is there anyone who can help me with the information?
Unfortunately no one can tell you how long processing times is with secondary clearance. It means they are reviewing your eligibility and documents. Did you apply on your own? Can’t comment because don’t know profile but processing can take many months.

Ofelia77

Jan 29, 2022
Yeah, i applied by myself and i am a fully funded scholarship student. Applied in September and review started at October then there’s no update yet. I am doing online classes and paid tuition fees already. It’s so upsetting condition i am facing here.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yeah, i applied by myself and i am a fully funded scholarship student. Applied in September and review started at October then there’s no update yet. I am doing online classes and paid tuition fees already. It’s so upsetting condition i am facing here.
Who funded the scholarship and for what program? When did you start classes and why would you without a study permit?

Ofelia77

Jan 29, 2022
It’s a government funded scholarship from my home country and the university authorities allowed me to continue online classes due to scholarship and pandemic. However, classes are getting offline now and the university asking me to be present there. I am not sure for how long i can continue to wait for the visa update in this situation.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It’s a government funded scholarship from my home country and the university authorities allowed me to continue online classes due to scholarship and pandemic. However, classes are getting offline now and the university asking me to be present there. I am not sure for how long i can continue to wait for the visa update in this situation.
There is now way to expedite. All you can do is wait. You may want to consider if you can defer. The issue may be that is a government funded scholarship. Did you show any of your own funds?

Ofelia77

Jan 29, 2022
There is now way to expedite. All you can do is wait. You may want to consider if you can defer. The issue may be that is a government funded scholarship. Did you show any of your own funds?
Thank you for the response and yeah i have shown my own fund too. However all the expenses will be covered by the scholarship. It’s already been 5 months and couldn’t afford more waiting due to University conditions.

Niloyahmed33

Jun 2, 2023
Hi, guys, all of you got your visas I am facing a similar issue waiting for a year since no response could you please tell me what are the secondary clearances my work permit application got stuck with the process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, guys, all of you got your visas I am facing a similar issue waiting for a year since no response could you please tell me what are the secondary clearances my work permit application got stuck with the process.
Would suggest ordering GCMS notes. Is the job offer still valid after a year?

Reactions: Niloyahmed33