+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondar School Student - International Student

May 29, 2022
Good day! Like I just curious if someone can apply solely for a Student Permit even if she/he is a minor for a Secondary School in Canada?

I just want to know if can this be approved or refused.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day! Like I just curious if someone can apply solely for a Student Permit even if she/he is a minor for a Secondary School in Canada?

I just want to know if can this be approved or refused.
Yes. Does the child have a parent in canada on any type of visa? If not, The child will need a Canadian guardian and need to show funds for tuition per year (est $25-30k). The student can’t work.

May 29, 2022
Yes. Does the child have a parent in canada on any type of visa? If not, The child will need a Canadian guardian and need to show funds for tuition per year (est $25-30k). The student can’t work.
Let's say the applicant doesn't have a parent but instead a custodian who signed a custodianship declaration form from the IRCC, what would be the valid reason to say for it? What would you suggest is the purpose of migrating to Canada as a International Student for a Secondary School?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Let's say the applicant doesn't have a parent but instead a custodian who signed a custodianship declaration form from the IRCC, what would be the valid reason to say for it? What would you suggest is the purpose of migrating to Canada as a International Student for a Secondary School?
The Canadian guardian signs all the forms. You apply for a study permit after acceptance to a secondary school. as as student you aren’t immigrating to Canada, you are coming to study.