+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second week of June 2017 Applicants

jayjenn

Aug 10, 2017
Hey there ,

So i think this information might help someone because this is the kind of information I've been looking for . So i applied for study permit for Fall 2017 semester starting in August . I submitted my online application on June 14th 2017 . On July 15th 2017 , I got a message from CIC telling me ' there has been no new updates on my file ' i found this really weird , Because i was waiting for a decision for 4 weeks for my study permit since I'm applying from the United States . From this point i had no updates on my application, you should know that theres no way for you to contact cic when you have applied online (that was my situation ). So On the Eigth week , on July 11th 2017 which was today i finally got an update telling me i should upload few documents before the 16th august . My classes start August 20th .

All this to tell you to not stress too much about this , i still don't have a decision yet but i know how hopeless i was , waiting for an update . They're taking 8-9 weeks to process your applications i noticed the pattern while reading entries on these forums. But if you're lucky it might take less time , my sister gt her study permit after one week last year . She applied end of july and week later was the first week of august and she got her visa knowing her classes start in September.

The visa offices keep in mind your starting date , don't compare your status with everyone , we all have different situations. Im still stressed but now i know they are reviewing my file hopefully next week. I'll keep all of you updated.

E_shah

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hey there ,

So i think this information might help someone because this is the kind of information I've been looking for . So i applied for study permit for Fall 2017 semester starting in August . I submitted my online application on June 14th 2017 . On July 15th 2017 , I got a message from CIC telling me ' there has been no new updates on my file ' i found this really weird , Because i was waiting for a decision for 4 weeks for my study permit since I'm applying from the United States . From this point i had no updates on my application, you should know that theres no way for you to contact cic when you have applied online (that was my situation ). So On the Eigth week , on July 11th 2017 which was today i finally got an update telling me i should upload few documents before the 16th august . My classes start August 20th .

All this to tell you to not stress too much about this , i still don't have a decision yet but i know how hopeless i was , waiting for an update . They're taking 8-9 weeks to process your applications i noticed the pattern while reading entries on these forums. But if you're lucky it might take less time , my sister gt her study permit after one week last year . She applied end of july and week later was the first week of august and she got her visa knowing her classes start in September.

The visa offices keep in mind your starting date , don't compare your status with everyone , we all have different situations. Im still stressed but now i know they are reviewing my file hopefully next week. I'll keep all of you updated.

Hey , I have applied visa under general category on 2nd June . And I tried to link up my file online but I was not able to do so . I have not received any mail from their end . I put paper based file and that is with upfront medical . I checked with the hospital where I had done my medical as per them I don't have any issue in medical reports . It's a frustrating situation . You are true there is no way to contact them and worried because I was being refused in January 2017 for canada student visa. I hope I will get reply soon . My starting date is 5th September.

Reactions: jayjenn

jayjenn

Aug 10, 2017
Hey , I have applied visa under general category on 2nd June . And I tried to link up my file online but I was not able to do so . I have not received any mail from their end . I put paper based file and that is with upfront medical . I checked with the hospital where I had done my medical as per them I don't have any issue in medical reports . It's a frustrating situation . You are true there is no way to contact them and worried because I was being refused in January 2017 for canada student visa. I hope I will get reply soon . My starting date is 5th September.

i understand your concern , but the fact your processing time is taking so much time is either because you've been refused in the past ( did they tell you why ? ) OR because of the country where you're applying from . which country is it ? . because remember my processing time was doubled i had to wait 8 weeks instead of 4 . Since i don't know where you're applying from i can't really help you , but what i could give you is this spread sheet i found online on this forum https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lnokruq6n8iiGT6ccI9u2aHjmjUUNPNTjVZlNS8rYpA/edit#gid=0 . Basically those are students mostly from india comparing their file update . i found that very helpful . i personally don't think your country matters at this point honestly because mostly everyone is in the same situation . Hope this helps , and don't think about it that much i used to be checking every single minute but that makes you stress more .

jayjenn

Aug 10, 2017

Also how can't you contact anyone if your application is paper based ? check for the visa offices online in your country . if you're from the united states you can call the visa offices in new york or los angeles which i did but they couldn't help me because i applied online which means directly to the CIC . so they couldn't track my file . Also i ddnt need no medicals of background check any of that , that could be a reason why yours is taking time . and you start in september , they waited few days before my classes start to give me an update and hopefully give me a decision .

E_shah

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Also how can't you contact anyone if your application is paper based ? check for the visa offices online in your country . if you're from the united states you can call the visa offices in new york or los angeles which i did but they couldn't help me because i applied online which means directly to the CIC . so they couldn't track my file . Also i ddnt need no medicals of background check any of that , that could be a reason why yours is taking time . and you start in september , they waited few days before my classes start to give me an update and hopefully give me a decision .

I applied from India Gujarat - may be ur right because I had rejection they take much time to review my application but have checked with my previous company as well as current company but they have not received any mail for my application . I can contact vfs of ahmedabad for my application but they told me that some applications take some time so please vare with it . I put all the documents as per cic check list . Even my current company knows about my file . All I have to do is wait .

Subashree

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
I applied on June 4 online
Application review started on June 18
I didn't receive medical request. So I sent medicals using case specific enquiry form on July 18.
Application approved and passport request on July 21 at 12.14 AM

University of Saskatchewan
IELTS 6.5 no band less than 6