Aabdul

Dec 12, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Hi, Thanks in advance for your advise.
Here is my situation.
I sponsored my ex husband to Canada in early 2014 from Kenya. Things didn't work between us and we separated late 2016. I met this guy who we knew each other back then who is also from Kenya and we started talking and mid 2017 i traveled to Kenya to meet him and discuss the future but we couldn't get married since my divorce wasn't finalized IN Canada but we had a good time traveling together and taking lots of pictures. now my divorce is finalized but the date on my divorce certificate and our wedding date will be too close like two months apart.
Could there be any issues with CIC if i fill out the sponsorships forms and submit immediately after we get married?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
As long as you send strong proofs of marriage and relationship you should still be able to be approved. Just expect that there will be some extra scrutiny on this application due to the fact that it is the second marriage and sponsorship from the same area.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi, Thanks in advance for your advise.
Here is my situation.
I sponsored my ex husband to Canada in early 2014 from Kenya. Things didn't work between us and we separated late 2016. I met this guy who we knew each other back then who is also from Kenya and we started talking and mid 2017 i traveled to Kenya to meet him and discuss the future but we couldn't get married since my divorce wasn't finalized IN Canada but we had a good time traveling together and taking lots of pictures. now my divorce is finalized but the date on my divorce certificate and our wedding date will be too close like two months apart.
Could there be any issues with CIC if i fill out the sponsorships forms and submit immediately after we get married?
You should be okay to sponsor since 3 years has past......just follow the checklist (2018 version) and provide convincing proofs.....the ticket for your flight to Kenya is good to include......Good Luck.....

Who can’t become a sponsor
You can’t be a sponsor if you:
  • sponsored a previous spouse or partner and three years have not passed since this person became a permanent resident

Checklist..........
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5533e.pdf

adv.rishab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
@Alurra71 @Wakki

This is a bit out of context question. But i hope anyone out of you can answer it based on your experience.
One of my friend in India married a Canadian citizen guy last year. The Canadian guy was divorcee prior to this marriage. So basically its second marriage for him. The canadian guy can not file the spousal application till June, 2018 due to the 3 years bar put by IRCC.
So my question is whether they should go for visitor visa first and then file spousal application or they should file spousal application first, get the UCI number and then file visitor visa. Which would be the beat option ?? Please advise..

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
@Alurra71 @Wakki

This is a bit out of context question. But i hope anyone out of you can answer it based on your experience.
One of my friend in India married a Canadian citizen guy last year. The Canadian guy was divorcee prior to this marriage. So basically its second marriage for him. The canadian guy can not file the spousal application till June, 2018 due to the 3 years bar put by IRCC.
So my question is whether they should go for visitor visa first and then file spousal application or they should file spousal application first, get the UCI number and then file visitor visa. Which would be the beat option ?? Please advise..
If they first apply for sponsorship before visitor visa, chances of visitor visa approval will be very low....

If the plan is to apply "INLAND", then visitor visa first before spousal sponsorship.....but this will require application for visitor visa extension while the PA is in Canada and PA should not leave Canada until the sponsorship PR is approved.

The spouse is currently in India and if spouse remains in India, should apply "OUTLAND"........could apply for visitor visa to Canada, although chances of approval is low......

The processing time for "INLAND" and "OUTLAND" spousal sponsorship is about the same......takes between 10 to 12 months to complete the sponsorship process.

This are comments and hope others will provide advice.